Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk about your TELLY for a bit. You bastards.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
On the subject of leads, I have just bought a new(old) hi-fi and it sounded dreadful. I therefore invested in new cables throughout, interconnects, speakers, and the strange bit an optical cable.

I completely understand the concept of different cable materials making the sound different but an optical cable ??

Its just light Shirley?

but no, the £1.99 off e-bay was cluttered in the midrange and muddy but the Chord for £35 was crisp, clean and lovely.

therefore I assume HDMI cables will also be the same.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I completely understand the concept of different cable materials making the sound different but an optical cable ??

Its just light Shirley?

therefore I assume HDMI cables will also be the same.

Yes it's just light, and HDMI is the same, it is either 100% or 0%, cheap tacky nasty poundland cables work just as well as mega expensive ones

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes it's just light, and HDMI is the same, it is either 100% or 0%, cheap tacky nasty poundland cables work just as well as mega expensive ones

Have a look at the video on the 1st post here. Bit boring, but some interesting answers to the debate you're having here.

HDMI Event Part 1 | AVForums.com - UK Online

I've got bog standard HDMI leads because I couldn't really give a monkey's toss about TV - I'd get rid of it tomorrow if it wasn't for the wife and kids. Hi-fi is my thing and for that there's no doubt whatsoever that cabling makes a huge difference to quality separates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here