Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk about your TELLY for a bit. You bastards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Try telling that to the missus. Despite having Sky HD, she STILL minces around on the SD channels because she "doesn't really notice any difference".
The SD programs I found the worst were those with close ups of people's faces (Desperate Housewives was one). When there was a close up, and the camera or actor moved slightly, some of the pixels wouldn't be changing much (skin tone to skin tone) so the broadcaster saved on data transmitted and didn't send every pixel, which made the actor's face look blotchy and wobbly (as I've said, due to the quality of the transmition rather than the limitations of SD). Find a program like that, record it, then show your missus. Hopefully it'll put her off SD.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone investing in a new telly should check out Richer Sounds, 5 year warranties for 10% of the purchase price. Bargain.
Or get John Lewis to price match and get the 5yr warranty for free

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks the same as mine, except mine has optical connections and internet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Samsung plasma 46" with 5.1 Samsung surround sound system in the lounge, 38" Panasonic LCD Viera in the bedroom, both with own sky boxes, HD in the lounge and normal in the bedroom, both with full Sky package. Next buy for the lounge will be 3D.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
PLASMA is no good in my front room, I get too much sunlight in there. It'd be reflections CENTRAL.

Ah ok, valid point. To be honest if I'd have known how naff they are in sunlight I might have spent longer choosing between the two. But my god it looks good in anything other than a sunlit room. :drool:

EDIT: By the way, I'm talking about my Panasonic GT20 UP IN HERE!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
40" Sony Bravia World cup tele bought for 1/3 price bout a month after.

Didn't have a tele for 3 1/2 years before that and watched stuff online

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Try telling that to the missus. Despite having Sky HD, she STILL minces around on the SD channels because she "doesn't really notice any difference".

Grrrr.

:angry:

I swear women suffer from some kind of HD blindness.
f***ing right mate,the rows me and the missus have had over this,she swears blind there is "absolutely no difference and a waste of money" the bitch! I`m off to have another go at her about it now..

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I forgot to say,I have a 42" Samsung & matching Blu Ray player,great picture quality made even better by using the HDMI inputs and top quality gold plated monster leads,they are worth spending out on as the picture is head and shoulders above Scart or cheap HDMI leads.Don`t buy them in the shops,there are some good deals on internet.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
great picture quality made even better by using the HDMI inputs and top quality gold plated monster leads,they are worth spending out on as the picture is head and shoulders above ......cheap HDMI leads.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Another one fooled by the salesman

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

a digital signal either works 100% or not at all.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Rigged it up through a digital projector, so at the mo I am only limited by wall space- current screen size roughly 5 1/2 feet!

Absolute pants in daylight tho.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
rediffusionctv.jpg

Rediffusion telly. All three channels work perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here