Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk about your TELLY for a bit. You bastards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so probably the most IMORTANT piece of kit in your living room, and an utter SWINE to choose from the multitude of confusing deals and options on website reviews. My faithful Philips 37" LCD is no more, so after much research and galavanting around the county, last week I finally went out and bought....

...a Panasonic 42" LED full 1080P HD 'Smart' TV which links up with the interbob and shit. I'm happier than a dog with two dicks, the picture is ridiculously good (in HD) and when I stuck Avatar on in Blu-Ray the other night, I collapsed onto the floor in a gibbering, frothing HEAP at the sheer eyewatering colour and definition from that bastard.

Could've gone 3D, but can't escape the feeling that its all a bit gimmicky, something I'm really not fussed about, so paid a little extra for a really decent make of LED.

By the way, burglars can f*** right off. I'm poor now and therefore always home, my hearing is on a hair trigger, and I have a snapped pool cue to hand in three places around my house.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree 3D sucks. Not a chance of me getting that.... EVER. Also have a Panasonic HD jobby, but nothing quite as spectacular as 42" LED. Where did you steal that from then?.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you buy it from a bloke selling them out the back of a van in B&Q car park? Did you? Eh?

You can tell me :thumbsup:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I got a 42" LG LED that died inside a fortnight. Called up Richer Sounds and got a 42" 3D LG LED TV for the same price (instead of it being c£1000). Not got Avatar on BD, but the DVD version did look good through the PS3s upscaler.

Only problem is 1 set of glasses and two of us in the house. £100 a pop as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I got it from COMETS. You cock-knockers. :)

Got £50 off and a free DONGLE (being as I lashed out on a 5 year warranty). Nice.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I have everything hooked up to my HD PROJECTOR, and its freakin' awesome. I can't recommend it more

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I just replaced the valves in my Thorn 3500......that bad boy is the dogs (once it warms up)...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got a 9 year old 100hz Panasonic CRT and it's still got a cracking picture. Maybe it's just me, but I cannot see that flat screens are that much better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK, so probably the most IMORTANT piece of kit in your living room, and an utter SWINE to choose from the multitude of confusing deals and options on website reviews. My faithful Philips 37" LCD is no more, so after much research and galavanting around the county, last week I finally went out and bought....

...a Panasonic 42" LED full 1080P HD 'Smart' TV which links up with the interbob and shit. I'm happier than a dog with two dicks, the picture is ridiculously good (in HD) and when I stuck Avatar on in Blu-Ray the other night.

Congrats on the TV. Avatar is a pile of UTTER shit though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Got a sweet ex-display 32in Panasonic LCD (for peanuts)about 3 years ago and to this day I still couldn't be happier with the quality with which I can view the ongoing feud between Saieed, Christian and the wider Masood family.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not convinced about 3D as yet, could be another quadrophonic stereo situation, a good idea that never caught on. However Panasonic is an excellent choice, they tend to be at the forefront of TV technology, I'll buy one when I renew.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Filmwise I agree its not the best, but I have never seen a better picture quality anywhere, on anything. I nearly wept, and I am welling up again now just thinking about it.

ITV standard definition is still SHITHOUSE though, doesn't matter what tellybox you have that on. And why don't Sky broadcast their HD in 1080P ? I had a rummage around the box settings the other night and unless I'm MISSING something, you can only get 720P or 1080i. Which is a nuisance.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have a Samsung 46" 8 Series and it is AWSOME, has full HD , 3D (although I agree I dont watch too much on 3D)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got a 9 year old 100hz Panasonic CRT and it's still got a cracking picture. Maybe it's just me, but I cannot see that flat screens are that much better.
CRTs gave a good picture, the problem was the space they took up, and the fact you couldn't have a large one. But with HD properly set-up, flat screens are now better (depending on model and film, eg, some are not so good with blacks).
Isn't it - watched it for the first time a couple of months ago. With the budget they had, how could they stick to that corny script.
ITV standard definition is still SHITHOUSE though, doesn't matter what tellybox you have that on. And why don't Sky broadcast their HD in 1080P ?
Sky seems plenty good enough on 720 or 1080i, and obviously if you have that, stick ITV on 178.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sky seems plenty good enough on 720 or 1080i, and obviously if you have that, stick ITV on 178.

Try telling that to the missus. Despite having Sky HD, she STILL minces around on the SD channels because she "doesn't really notice any difference".

Grrrr.

:angry:

I swear women suffer from some kind of HD blindness.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Anyone investing in a new telly should check out Richer Sounds, 5 year warranties for 10% of the purchase price. Bargain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here