Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tal Ben-Haim - what a cock

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Portsmouth are summed up by the contract they gave him. On the evidence of the games against us last season, he'd be hard pressed to find another club.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Hardly his fault is it? Not sure that if someone told me that I had to take 85% drop in the wages they had agreed to pay me that I would feel too honourable.

Although for his general 'cockness' over the last few years I would agree with your post title.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Hardly his fault is it? Not sure that if someone told me that I had to take 85% drop in the wages they had agreed to pay me that I would feel too honourable.

Although for his general 'cockness' over the last few years I would agree with your post title.

This. Would you take an 85% pay cut? If it makes it any easier just call him Secret Agent Ben Haim, destroying the club from the inside, for the benefit of all right thinking fans everywhere :D

Although that said, the bloke is a ****. And a mercenary. But hey, it's not our problem right?! :D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I understand it, and maybe I'm wrong, haven't the players (including Ben-Haim) taken multiple deferments on payment of wages, and now the club are wanting to only pay a fraction of what they owe? If that's right, it's not exactly one sided, the players have given more and more leeway to the club on the promise of "later, we'll pay you later" and now it's "we don't want to pay you what we owe, and what we will pay will be in a few years, but we can only do that with your agreement*".

When the player have been constantly promised payments, then asked to defer again and again, why should they trust the club?

*I know there's the football creditors rule, but if players agree to waive debts, the creditors rule just means they are guaranteed whatever reduced amount they agree to.

Incidentally, will this 5K wage cap that's been introduced last as lon as the 10k wage cap they introduced last time?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It needs a player like Ben-Haim to stick to his guns , backing down and accepting £5k a week only gives Pompey a glimmer of hope to extend the downward spiral into oblivion.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tarricco famously mutually terminated his contract when he got injured at Spurs.

It's not as if he's not rich enough, or too old to find a new club. Pure selfishness.

I don't think he has been paid £36k for months as none of them have been paid so can't see what he has done wrong ? He is entitled to his wages and good luck to him in not being blackmailed out of it

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Exactly why clauses in contracts in the event of relegation should be made. Especially with some contracts lasting 4 or 5 years.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't blame the player's at all. Portsmouth offered them the contracts. Seriously would anyone on here just say "ok I will take a £20k a week pay cut"......NO, no they wouldn't and if they say they would I suggest they are full of shit.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Fair play to him. They have f***ed themselves over and are paying the price.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Sure, players were given silly contracts, but that's the point they were given contracts.

In my opinion the two big problems are Birch who seems like a headline grabbing media whore and his paymaster (allegedly), Chiarini who is offering to buy the club, but only if there is a guaranteed sizeable profit via the parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here