Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Taking your dog for a walk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think 'stay at home' and 'stay indoors' is being conflated accidentally. Maybe because many city/town dwellers don't have gardens, and therefore the advise to 'stay at home' is the same as 'stay indoors' for them. The current NHS advice is: "You can use your garden, if you have one." https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

I should bloody hope so. I spent most of Sunday in the back garden cutting the grass for the first time this year, trimming hedges, generally tidying up and getting the patio furniture out of hibernation. Then spent a thoroughly pleasant Sunday afternoon sat in the sunshine quaffing beer and reading the papers.

Twas a bit chilly for any of that today, but I basically live in my garden once the sun comes out. Social isolation won't be so bad once the warm weather arrives. I do feel very sorry for those who don't have their own bit of personal outdoor space though.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
So wish my big lad was still here. I think I'd be coping better with the anxiety of the present situation.

Just over a year since we lost him and there are sound reasons why we've not yet got another Dog. But right now, I can't think what they actually are.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Sorry for your loss Miximate. Can appreciate what you are going through as we lost of of ours a few weeks ago to cancer. Remember the good times.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
fgh.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Their use of Pangolins in weird medicines might be the originator of a virus, I just pray that after all this crap they are stopped killing Rhinos and all the other stupid stuff they get up to. Them and the Japs phew

And the Brits. Remember bovine spongiform encephalopathy? That was caused by feeding cattle the remains of sheep infected with scrapie which jumped to humans causing Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Weird!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
And the Brits. Remember bovine spongiform encephalopathy? That was caused by feeding cattle the remains of sheep infected with scrapie which jumped to humans causing Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Weird!

True, that was down to proteins not some mumbo jumbo, although feeding meat to ruminants, :moo:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
True, that was down to proteins not some mumbo jumbo, although feeding meat to ruminants, :moo:

Pangolin meat is a delicacy in China. It's the scales that are used for the mumbo jumbo.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Would love to be still able to take my dog outside for a walk but sadly had to have him put down last Monday. Devasted and heartbroken in the household View attachment 121394View attachment 121395

Only just seen this. how desperately sorry I am for you and soppy as it sounds, and am sitting here with the odd tear in my eye. I have always had dogs who are truly man's best friend, and who will never let you down (unlike humans, sadly). They are part of the family.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to walk my dog 5 miles a day, no choice. Lancing beach was polluted with cyclists and runners going past breathing heavily today. I need a new plan for a secluded spot on the downs from now. Too many humans around basically

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have to walk my dog 5 miles a day, no choice. Lancing beach was polluted with cyclists and runners going past breathing heavily today. I need a new plan for a secluded spot on the downs from now. Too many humans around basically

They’ll be less soon US

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

I live next to a national cycling route....tend to walk the dogs there as its an old railway line and 100 yards from the house.

Today was as if everyone had decided to dust off their bikes, dig out the training shoes and go for their ' once a day exercise'. Foot / cycle traffic was up massively. It gets narrow and congested in places so I veered off. I figure that if I can smell their perfume / aftershave..even the conditioner on their clothes then thats just too close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here