Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking a baby to the Amex

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Quick question for you all.

At the end of June this year my wife will be giving birth to our first baby (exciting times!). She's enjoyed coming to the Amex with me a lot this year (she couldn't stand Withdean) but has said that once the baby is with us, she's unlikely to come back until he's a lot older.

That said, I'm thinking of going 1901 for the next season, so I'm wondering - does anyone bring babies or very very young children to the match? I'm wondering if the slightly more civil surroundings of hospitality would make it feasible, especially the basics such as leaving a pushchair in reception so he can be put in a carry cot. Or is this a ridiculous idea?

Cheers in advance. :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm no expert but I'm not sure it's right to have a baby there .... wouldn't all the stuff going on and noise possibly freak him out? The club has probably got a view on it if you give them a call

Lush

Mods' Pet
Maybe wait and see how you feel after the baby is born? Everyone is different. The thought of spending every other Saturday at the Amex might be less appealing. You might see it as some vital non-baby time for your sanity. Or you might not want to take your precious little bundle to a nasty noisy footie match. Difficult to know until the babe arrives. I'm sure there will still be options in July.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why would you? The baby is not going to enjoy it. It's basically you trying to use it as a babysitting service (see also: 12As at the cinema).

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Dont want to sound like a tw@t but Id be proper Pee'd off if someone came with a baby in the 1901 area infact anywhere in the stadium tbh, crying baby is not what I want at a footy match im affraid.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont want to sound like a tw@t but Id be proper Pee'd off if someone came with a baby in the 1901 area infact anywhere in the stadium tbh, crying baby is not what I want at a footy match im affraid.

I have to agree with this. Why would you want to take a baby to the football?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Quick question for you all.

At the end of June this year my wife will be giving birth to our first baby (exciting times!). She's enjoyed coming to the Amex with me a lot this year (she couldn't stand Withdean) but has said that once the baby is with us, she's unlikely to come back until he's a lot older.

That said, I'm thinking of going 1901 for the next season, so I'm wondering - does anyone bring babies or very very young children to the match? I'm wondering if the slightly more civil surroundings of hospitality would make it feasible, especially the basics such as leaving a pushchair in reception so he can be put in a carry cot. Or is this a ridiculous idea?

Cheers in advance. :)

As someone with 2 boys, trust me on this. Re-new your season ticket, have a few hours peace and quiet away from your family for a few hours a week and bring them to a game not before they are 4. I love my family above everything else but I also love to get away from it all every now and then to keep me sane. If nothing else to think about John Harley's workrate rather than Peppa Pig (you will know them intimately soon)

Also, you simply wont beleive how difficult it is to go anywhere or do anything (Push chair, check, nappies, check, change mat, check, Nappy bag, check, Toys, check, Teething ring, check etc etc), so getting to the football will be a military operation and most importantly you won't enjoy it.

With any luck, your wife will breast feed meaning 'I may as well go to the football love'

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ignore the moaners. Get the baby in stripes and get him down the Amex. He/She will thank you for it in years to come!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I say yes. I was 2 months old at my very first football game and the bug has clearly stayed with me. On the East Terrace, slept all game, just waking up when Ian Mellor scored to beat the scum. Great memories :lolol:

This takes me back to the McGhee era.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
As someone with 2 boys, trust me on this. Re-new your season ticket, have a few hours peace and quiet away from your family for a few hours a week and bring them to a game not before they are 4. I love my family above everything else but I also love to get away from it all every now and then to keep me sane. If nothing else to think about John Harley's workrate rather than Peppa Pig (you will know them intimately soon)

Also, you simply wont beleive how difficult it is to go anywhere or do anything (Push chair, check, nappies, check, change mat, check, Nappy bag, check, Toys, check, Teething ring, check etc etc), so getting to the football will be a military operation and most importantly you won't enjoy it.

With any luck, your wife will breast feed meaning 'I may as well go to the football love'

Good advice, cheers. Though this literally translates to "you're getting your tits out? Well I'm off then."

Fair enough - the general consensus seems to be that this is a daft idea anyway. I'll look forward to the day when they are old enough that I can bring them such that they can understand what's going on - that'll be an emotional time, no doubt.

That said, with some people thinking a crying baby would be too noisy during the game; we probably need to get behind the team a bit more. :)

S

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I agree.

It's bad enough in Sainsbury's or other supermarkets having to put up with screeching kids that their parents ignore for what seems like hours-crying babies is not what the average football fan wants as part of his/her matchday experience. I know I don't.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Maybe wait and see how you feel after the baby is born? Everyone is different. The thought of spending every other Saturday at the Amex might be less appealing. You might see it as some vital non-baby time for your sanity. Or you might not want to take your precious little bundle to a nasty noisy footie match. Difficult to know until the babe arrives. I'm sure there will still be options in July.

Sound advice from Lush

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here