Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take That - back to their awesome best?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Complete Badger said:
...the cream.... looks... I am quite simply in love... weaknesses that we shouldn't .... big enough
:safeway2: :safeway2:

London Irish said:
Geri... did leave a hole that could never be filled.
Not true - didn't she just have a kid?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trufflehound said:
Geri Haliwell and a small goat? :ohmy: Is the video of that downloadable anywhere?

No, but you can listen to the soundtrack. (Click the image...)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I happened to buy two of their singles but only because they happened to be No 1 each time my children were born.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
OI DOUBTERS

they were BLOODY EXCELLENT.

surely the idea of music is to enjoy it. AND ANYONE who says they dont tap there feet to ''it only takes a minute girl'' or sways to ''how deep is your love?'' is BLOODY LYING.

there is no harm in liking more than one genre of music, and take that were the best EVER at there genre by a country mile.

gary barlow is a talent and the others were just SEX.

as a brightoner out of town, my fondness for take that means im GAY, but i dont care, because they are bloody BRILLIANT!:bowdown:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I presume you are joking?

I am indeed the proud owner of a copy of "Backstreet Boys - Greatest hits chapter one," and it is very good. However, to even think of comparing it to the musical legend that is Take That would be ridiculous. There are so many more strings to the TT bow, they can mix up their sound much more where BB just sound the same. Also, BB had some good songs of course, but have they ever come up with ANYTHING we will remember in 20 years time? I think not. My grandchildren, on the other hand, will almost certainly still appreciate the lyrical wonders of "Never Forget.":clap2:

never forget is just brilliance. yes i like the BB'S too, but they are not a patch on the TT

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
At last - someone else who speaks sense:clap:

There is NOTHING gay about liking Take That!

Apart from now legally having to suck mens balls.

Cheeky Monkey said:
You gotta be shittin me Private Pyle! (Full Metal Jacket)
have you never heard 'The Shape of My Heart'!!!!!!!!!! or 'Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely'

:clap2: :jester: :clap2:

Barlow is just a chubby personality free zone who wrote one decent song (Million Love Songs) whereas BB were sensible enough to write none of theirs.

Look at the some of the shite to be found on 'Take That and Party':

I Found Heaven
Once You've Tasted Love
Satisfied
I Can Make It
Do What You Like
Promises
Never Want To Let You Go
Give Good Feeling
Take That and Party

On that list are my two favourite Take That songs :lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

I'm guessing one of them is "Promises"? That is my all time FAVOURITE from TT:bowdown:

Spot on. So WHACHA GONNA PROMISE ME THIS TIME?

The other one is "Once you've tasted love" - love the soul singer diva opening, they began their Wembley show with that, lights went down, 12,000 women going bonkers and little 'ole me at the epicentre :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(OK, strictly speaking the band were, but I was quite near the stage).

Have you ever heard the sound of 12,000 women screaming orgasmically? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oh god, now even king arse lick is pretending to like them:nono:

Hmm you will have to give me five minutes to have a think about that one. I'll get back to you.....

Arena capacity is 12,000 but you get my drift, it would have been 20,000 breasts heaving I guess :D

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Good man. At £105 that cd would be a BARGAIN, so to secure your piece of history for a fiver is top work:clap:

Indeed i do treasure it.

As far as bargain buys go it's right up there with Echo and the Bunnymens's Reverberation Album i got for 99 cents.

If only there were more bargain bins with quality music in em there might not be so many wars.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have to admit, I don't think I've ever heard 20,000 women screaming orgasmically. Any other figure, and I may have had a chance, but 20k? No way I'm afraid!

Is anyone going to dare disagree with me that "Promises" is in fact the GREATEST Take That song of all time?

As you've not stated and age of said women.

20k women easy at Tom Jones and Julio Iglesia concerts :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here