Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take That - back to their awesome best?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Complete Badger said:
It goes without saying that Gary and the boys always have been and always will be the cream of British boybands. Indeed, my admiration of their talents leads me to place them in the WORLD-CLASS category. Combining looks, talent, and good old fashioned hard work, many would have assumed their peak has long passed. However, having purchased my copy of "Beautiful World," I am quite simply in love once more. The single "Patience" is a CHOON, and many others (notably tracks 1,3, and 5) are well worth a listen. So, come on chaps, we all have weaknesses that we shouldn't - who else is big enough to admit that Gary, Howard, Jason, and Mark are theirs?

You missed your appointment for the rabies shot, didn't you Badger.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So for the "token straights" we have Tommy, LI, and my good self so far. Does anybody else want to admit their love and join us?:lolol:

Yeah i'm another token "straight" Take That fan.

Only ever bought their greatest hits CD, but it was from the $5 bargain bin.

But for a fiver it was certainly a bargain!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ringo said:
What catagory are you in? :lolol:

Surely their not Take That without Robbie?

Much better without him! Good riddance!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So for the "token straights" we have Tommy, LI, and my good self so far. Does anybody else want to admit their love and join us?:lolol:

Get the flawless 'Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits' and realise what absolute clueless shite you are talking. Take That are a frickin amateur musical embarrassment by comparison with the 16 classic tracks on that album.

:clap2: :clap2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Take That are f***ing gash. Seriously f***ing gash. Always have been and always will be.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oh Leslie, Leslie, I expected so much more from you my lovely. Please go and wash your mouth out right now:(

I'm sorry Badg but here is where you and me differ. They are manufactured shite. Never liked any of their songs. Whats the point when there are so many better bands out there.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Don't be silly, Tom. Ok Howard did have the looks, and was an integral part of the masterpiece. However, Sir Gary is the brains behind the outfit. He writes, he sings, is there anything this guy CAN'T do? Even personal lows have not shed him of the talent with which he is so blessed. I just hope this is the first of many more albums.

this has got to be a wind-up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Also, BB had some good songs of course, but have they ever come up with ANYTHING we will remember in 20 years time? I think not.

You gotta be shittin me Private Pyle! (Full Metal Jacket)
have you never heard 'The Shape of My Heart'!!!!!!!!!! or 'Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely'

:clap2: :jester: :clap2:

Barlow is just a chubby personality free zone who wrote one decent song (Million Love Songs) whereas BB were sensible enough to write none of theirs.

Look at the some of the shite to be found on 'Take That and Party':

I Found Heaven
Once You've Tasted Love
Satisfied
I Can Make It
Do What You Like
Promises
Never Want To Let You Go
Give Good Feeling
Take That and Party

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I presume you are joking?

I am indeed the proud owner of a copy of "Backstreet Boys - Greatest hits chapter one," and it is very good. However, to even think of comparing it to the musical legend that is Take That would be ridiculous. There are so many more strings to the TT bow, they can mix up their sound much more where BB just sound the same. Also, BB had some good songs of course, but have they ever come up with ANYTHING we will remember in 20 years time? I think not. My grandchildren, on the other hand, will almost certainly still appreciate the lyrical wonders of "Never Forget.":clap2:

:safeway

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
[
Look at the some of the shite to be found on 'Take That and Party':

I Found Heaven
Once You've Tasted Love
Satisfied
I Can Make It
Do What You Like
Promises
Never Want To Let You Go
Give Good Feeling
Take That and Party [/B][/QUOTE]

And, who can forget such lyrical masterpieces as:

Whats an hour of the day?
We throw one away
and walk the streets
for half a year
Trying to find
A new career
If you get a flu attack
for thirty days
You're on your back
doing not a single dance,
baby give me one more chance.

Genius, pure genius.

Although I personally prefer dancing on my back when I have a Flu attack, so can't really identify with the sentiment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My wife 'had' the greatest hits CD. When we moved abroad I burned it. Not as in on to another CD but as in set the f***ing thing on fire.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Guinness Boy said:
Not as in on to another CD but as in set the f***ing thing on fire.
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here