Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take him or leave him- Rooney 3 game ban

Should Rooey go or not

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course we should take him - he's our most talented footballer. The squad is big enough to take him through. And yes we need to hope we qualify for the 1/4s!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
True, but some people are just like that. If he didn't have that aggression he wouldn't be the same player. A lot of top players have had this issue, Zidane, Maradona, even Pele, none of them were adverse to giving a whack every now and then.

When he knocks one in from 25 yards or lays on a sitter for the Mexican kid it has nothing to do with aggression. He works his socks off but never ever has aggression helped him one iota in his game Commander.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
They may as well all stay at home,. After all, they all did for the world cup!!!

Can't see the point in taking him TBH... Over paid prima donna.Under performing just like the rest of them!!

I've lost faith in our national side... Can you tell?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely in any other industry you would get fired and blacklisted for lamping someone while on the job ? It's the usual old story " football is different " "it's a passionate game" " It's a working mans game " " It's a physical game " .et al......sigh

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am amazed it was three matches. It was stupid and petulant - but not malicious - and it was never going to actually injure.

Agreed - it wasn't like he chinned someone. Looks like the corrupt football world whi hate the English (who invented the game) have shone through again. Lets hope we appeal and win. *****

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Have to take him-at least he will be rested!

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
We can afford to take him as a fifth striker. Fact is that in the last two tournaments we have qualified for we have only taken four which has resulted in a ludicrous amount of midfield players going, some of whom haven't even got on the pitch

Not that he'll get to play as we'll probably get drawn with Spain/Germany and France and be out in the first round

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Take him. Depending on who we get in the groups we could get further and not have him, we would then be f***ed?

Just to add, I can't wait until Mr Capello has left, PRICK.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Agreed - it wasn't like he chinned someone. Looks like the corrupt football world whi hate the English (who invented the game) have shone through again. Lets hope we appeal and win. *****

The precedent was Arshavin who got a two match ban for Euro 2008 in light of a violent conduct red card in their play-off win. Difference being that he had spent the entire game being constantly fouled and wound up and had been I believe exemplary discipline wise up until that point

Rooney has already been suspended in this campaign for two bookings and lashed out for no apparent reason to a perfectly fair challenge. It was worse than Arshavin's so I guess the extra game ban is fair

Still, any excuse to trott out the "poor England, everyone hates us" line when our own star player can't keep his anger in check

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you'd be in the minority there. A red card for that in the Championship would carry an automatic three-game ban
It's not the Championship though. Sky Sports have shown a near identical incident with Arshavin, and he got a 2 game ban.
The extent of the injury is irrelevant.
Whether or not the incident was dangerous is relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here