Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tackling Life" by Charlie Oatway - pre-order now for £1.99

Aug 12, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a quick search and couldn't see it but...

It seems that Charlie Oatway has a book coming out in March 2011 - "Tackling Life", part of the "Quick Reads" series.

Tackling Life | quickreads.org.uk

Charlie Oatway has been a fighter all his life. He’s expelled from school and his family are in and out of prison more times than you can count. However, Charlie has a talent for football and makes it as a pro. Then he picks one fight too many and ends up in prison. Will life ever be the same again? Will Charlie get back into the game he loves? Tackling Life is the true and hilarious story of a footballing bad lad made good.

About the Authors

Charlie Oatway has been a footballer with Wimbledon, Yeading, Cardiff City, Torquay, Brentford, and Brighton and Hove Albion. He captained Brighton and Hove Albion and they went on to win two championships and three promotions. After injury ended his playing career, Charlie worked for Albion in the Community (AITC), leading their award-winning adult learning programmes. He is now Brighton’s first-team coach.

Promises to be an interesting read, very good publicity for the club and great for Charlie.

Pre-orderfor £1.99 here: Tackling Life (Quick Reads 2011): Amazon.co.uk: Charlie Oatway: Books

Last edited by a moderator:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Excellent.

It always amazes me that Charlie couldn't read. Whenever he's interviewed he's always eloquent, never at a loss for words and never boring.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good spot.

Should be a good read. I never knew he did time.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I remember him as a kid hanging out on Devonport Rd in Shepherds Bush, I know his Uncles better having shared "accomodation" & knowing them from around the area. The lad made good. Funny seeing him at Brighton as I was probably the only Brighton supporter in the village! He has done well & this will without doubt be an interesting read.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I sure someone can set up a direct link using the affiiate thread, but Amazon have this of pre-order released mid feb for £1.99 delivered!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I sure someone can set up a direct link using the affiiate thread, but Amazon have this of pre-order released mid feb for £1.99 delivered!!

Use the Amazon link at the top and search for 9780552161787

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah I saw that, must be a miss print £1.99 and free delivery but ordered it anyway

Aug 12, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
Yeah I saw that, must be a miss print £1.99 and free delivery but ordered it anyway

Actually all the "Quick Reads" are around £1.99, they are all fairly short books - around 100 pages - and are written in an easy to read style. I work as an English teacher in Sweden, and I often use them with my students, but I enjoy reading them myself too. I just read the Peter James one - "The Perfect Murder" which was fun.

I've ordered mine too!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Is the rumour he was one of the people who broke into and vandalised the blue peter garden true? I was told this by a QPR fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here