Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally I think this is just yet another reason why cricket in general simply should not be held in Australia.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Take a point?

I think England would be happier than Australia if a game can't be played. Australia need to play and win big to improve their net run rate. No result = Australia's chances of progressing dropping.

Having said that, though, England probably would prefer the game to go ahead. A win would up their chances a lot. As stands right now, though, just 1 point leaves them still in a very vulnerable position (depending on other results). The IRE vs AFG game also being washed out helps (an IRE win would have been a problem), but a lot then rests on NZ vs SL - England would need an NZ win to keep the door wide open rather than half shut.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can't see us beating the Kiwis.
Really? I can see us beating everyone, the rain stopped us doing that against Ireland but we would have won, we just smacked Australia in the warmup but today's game rained off, we can beat NZ, course we can. There's no perfect team in this WC, all are flawed to a degree but we're as good as any.

The rain might have screwed us though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really? I can see us beating everyone, the rain stopped us doing that against Ireland but we would have won, we just smacked Australia in the warmup but today's game rained off, we can beat NZ, course we can. There's no perfect team in this WC, all are flawed to a degree but we're as good as any.

The rain might have screwed us though.
Kiwis hammered Aus. We were hardly inspiring in our first two. In a one off game, all things being equal I'd fancy the Kiwis.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's nothing like a cricketer making excuses for not playing. Talking about a game that will last about 20 minutes an innings yet you'd think they were talking about a test match.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Kiwis hammered Aus. We were hardly inspiring in our first two. In a one off game, all things being equal I'd fancy the Kiwis.
Makes no difference. T20 at this level is a lottery. England have a positive record against the Kiwis.

The World Cup has been played 8 times and produced 7 different winners and 7 different semi finalists.

The winner of the World Cup is the team that played well enough, as half the teams will do, but also the one who got luckiest. Pakistan are outstanding at playing average cricket and winning.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Makes no difference. T20 at this level is a lottery. England have a positive record against the Kiwis.

The World Cup has been played 8 times and produced 7 different winners and 7 different semi finalists.

The winner of the World Cup is the team that played well enough, as half the teams will do, but also the one who got luckiest. Pakistan are outstanding at playing average cricket and winning.
Blimey, calm down. Just my opinion that the Kiwis would beat us in a game of cricket.

:shrug:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Why on earth didn't they use the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne instead for these games? An indoor venue with a capacity of nearly 50k that they use for some Big Bash games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why on earth didn't they use the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne instead for these games? An indoor venue with a capacity of nearly 50k that they use for some Big Bash games.
Because it is fully booked out for some indoor motorcross bullshit.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I think England would be happier than Australia if a game can't be played. Australia need to play and win big to improve their net run rate. No result = Australia's chances of progressing dropping.
Disagree - we have already played the two [historically] weakest sides in our group [Afgans & Paddys] and the Aussies have still to play them both.
They will target these two fixtures to recover their NRR.

I accept that to beat the Kiwis will be a really tough call on Tuesday [NRR damage limitation?] so we absolutely MUST beat Sri Lanka a week on Saturday to have any hope of progressing ...
It's November the 5th - we need some fireworks, or we'll be thrown on the bonfire.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In the grand scheme of things, I think a Kiwiwiwiwwi win would suit us here.

New Zealand won the toss and decided to bat.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I want Sri Lanka. We then beat NZ and Sri Lanka to head the group and avoid India in the Semis. Setting up a great Final. Providing it doesn't rain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here