Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swine flu already here

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I bet you could make a fortune selling face masks on ebay this week

Edit: this chap has already sold twenty today at £1.99

bird + swine avian flu face breathing mask protection on eBay, also, Goggles Masks, Paintballing, Sporting Goods (end time 27-May-09 02:08:24 BST)

Those masks look crap and have no certification - like buying a condom with a hole in.

If you are buying masks go for at least a P2 certification or better still a P3.

These will be the number one fashion accessory this summer.
mb-61.jpg

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Over hyped like everything the papers get thier hands on...

Possibly, but here is the effect that the last time this H1N1 strain of flu hit the world big time. Like the 1918 outbreak the flu is predominantly killing people aged 25 to 45.

Spanish Flu A(H1N1), 1918 - It is estimated that between 20 per cent and 40 per cent of the world's population were affected by Spanish influenza, which emerged in the spring of 1918 in Europe and the United States. The infection then travelled via troopships and by land to Africa and Asia.

The disease emerged in two waves - the first was highly contagious but with a relatively low death toll, but the second, which started in August 1918, saw a 10-fold increase in the death rate, according to the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology.

Between 20 and 50 million people were killed, including millions of young adults - more people died as a result of the disease than in the First World War. 250,000 people died in Britain alone.

The attack rate and mortality of the disease were highest among those aged between 20 and 50. The illness characteristically took hold very quickly, with patients who began feeling unwell in the morning often dead by nightfall.

Many patients who lived through the first few days of the flu were killed by complications such as pneumonia. A virus with the severity of Spanish flu has not been seen since, possibly because of advancements in medical care, living conditions and nutrition during the 20th century.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The world is VASTLY overpopulated. Its about time we had some kind of global catastophe that wipes out billions. Then at least the icecaps will come back and we'll still have most of Norfolk in 50 years time, or something.

Hopefully I'll dodge the bullet, but if not, I've had a good innings.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The world is VASTLY overpopulated. Its about time we had some kind of global catastophe that wipes out billions. Then at least the icecaps will come back and we'll still have most of Norfolk in 50 years time, or something.

Hopefully I'll dodge the bullet, but if not, I've had a good innings.

Staying alive or loosing Norfolk?

Difficult choice.:thumbsup:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It is better to be over hyped and prepared for stuff like this.
If you look at that google maps the suspect cases keeps rising every day.

At the moment it is a very mild strain. What they are worried about is if this continues to pass between people then it might mutate in to something much much worse. No one can afford this, and I think some people should at least pay attention and stop seeing this another over hyped thing.

This is totally different to the bird flu scare, it was not passing from person to person and spreading.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Its already killed or hospitalised more than SARS and Avian flu put together so I'd say it should be taken seriously.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Working in the travel industry, this outbreak isn't much fun. I've got to man a poxy incident helpline just to tell passengers that all out Mexico holidays are going ahead as planned!

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
It is better to be over hyped and prepared for stuff like this.
If you look at that google maps the suspect cases keeps rising every day.

At the moment it is a very mild strain. What they are worried about is if this continues to pass between people then it might mutate in to something much much worse. No one can afford this, and I think some people should at least pay attention and stop seeing this another over hyped thing.

This is totally different to the bird flu scare, it was not passing from person to person and spreading.

I Would agree with you but suspected cases are being reported it hasnt been reported that they actually have it it may just be people panicking, Lets just hope so anyway:shrug:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As the late Peter Sellers would have said - "swine" flu

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Working in the travel industry, this outbreak isn't much fun. I've got to man a poxy incident helpline just to tell passengers that all out Mexico holidays are going ahead as planned!

I bloody love Mexico, but if I had a holiday booked for there RIGHT NOW, then I would be pooping my pants a little bit on whether to go.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They just said on the news that wearing an Andy Booth mask offers full protection against SCHWEIN flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, cat elbow and dog AIDS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here