Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon v Albion (Team Line Up)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With Carpenter no doubt returning to the team on sunday, who will McGhee drop to the bench from midfield. Paul Reid looks solid in the centre of midfield (his preferred choice), but will he keep Oatway in the side.

Also I noticed some distubing news on the back page of the Argus that Ben Roberts was a doubt. Didn't read the details.

If Roberts is fit I'd like to see...........

Roberts
Virgo Cullip Butters Harding

Hart Reid Carpenter Piercy

Iwelumo Knight

Bench:

Kuipers Oatway Jones El Abd McPhee

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Im sure he will play Oatway instead of Reid, Jones Instead of Piercy.

Piercy will only get in the side if we have a deficit to chase coming to the home leg. Jones is also in his form of the season at the moment.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Think he is likely to adopt the Bristol City tactics in the away game - looking to be tight at the back and in midfield and try and sneak a goal. If thats the plan, surely Oatway will come into the middle to provide more defensive cover in midfield.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Roberts

Virgo Cullip Butters Mayo

Hart Carpenter Oatway Jones

Knight Iwelumo

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
Roberts

Hart Carpenter Reid Jones

Knight Iwelumo

Kuipers El- Abd Piercy McPhee Oatway

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Seagull over NZ said:
Think he is likely to adopt the Bristol City tactics in the away game - looking to be tight at the back and in midfield and try and sneak a goal. If thats the plan, surely Oatway will come into the middle to provide more defensive cover in midfield.

Exactly. Im alomst certain that he will play the following:
Roberts
Reid Carpenter Oatway Jones
Knight Iwelumo

This was the team at Bristol City and defended very well as a unit. By playing Reid who is really a central midfielder, on the right, it tightens the midfield up and gives a bit more of a solid look. He will also play Jones mainly becasue he is a defending winger, but also has the ability to bomb on.
Im sure Sunday will be a tight affair with neither team winning by more than 1 goal if it is not a draw.

whitelion said:
With Carpenter no doubt returning to the team on sunday, who will McGhee drop to the bench from midfield. Paul Reid looks solid in the centre of midfield (his preferred choice), but will he keep Oatway in the side.

Also I noticed some distubing news on the back page of the Argus that Ben Roberts was a doubt. Didn't read the details.

If Roberts is fit I'd like to see...........

Roberts

Hart Reid Carpenter Piercy

Iwelumo Knight

Bench:

Kuipers Oatway Jones El Abd McPhee

Yep looks the ideal lineup to me!! But you just know he'll put Oatway in .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Roberts

Virgo
Harding
Cullip
Butters

Hart
Carpenter
Oatway
Jones

Knight
Iwelumo

Thats the side, might not be what we want, but it will be that.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Reid on the right when I saw him at bristol I think seemed to leave virgo exposed. When he moved into the centre he started putting his foot on the ball and controlling the game. Oatway is a liability and useless.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Towards the end of the game at Wrexham we were playing 3-5-2 so could he play

Roberts

Virgo Cullip Butters

Hart Reid Oatway Carpenter Harding (or Jones)

Knight Iwelumo

What do you think.

Could swap El Abd for Hart depending on how defensive he is feeling.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agree with the comments about the side at Bristol, it was pretty solid and never looked like giving much away, on the other hand it never really looked like delivering a goal either. Guess we just have to keep it tight, nothing stupid and possibly nick a goal if we can, as long as we are not trying to climb a mountain during the second leg then I am confident we can go through.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully said:
Agree with the comments about the side at Bristol, it was pretty solid and never looked like giving much away, on the other hand it never really looked like delivering a goal either. Guess we just have to keep it tight, nothing stupid and possibly nick a goal if we can, as long as we are not trying to climb a mountain during the second leg then I am confident we can go through.

If we can keep it as tight as that on Sunday and keep it to 0-0 then we have a real chance at home.

We have got to be defensive away.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
lost in london said:
Reid on the right when I saw him at bristol I think seemed to leave virgo exposed. When he moved into the centre he started putting his foot on the ball and controlling the game. Oatway is a liability and useless.

I wouldn't say that Charlie is useless but I wouldn't play him on Sunday. We can do better me thinks.

:(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
harry_h said:
Roberts

Hart Carpenter Reid Jones

Knight Iwelumo

Kuipers El- Abd Piercy McPhee Oatway
Yes please... Back of the arsegas today said Roberts was an injury doubt though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here