Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bit of a fluke this really but what is alarming is how we fell apart after the first. Its the County ground not Anfield ffs..

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football

*you're.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No CMS,Buckley, Lua Lua,Crofts or El Abd. Wayne bridge getting fit, Calderon in midfield, Vicente up front, this is our final pre season match I dont think that Gus and the players give a rats arse. let the swindon monkeys and Di canio have there day.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure we've been that bad. Swindon had a neat freekick when we were asleep. Then Greer falling over and a.huuge deflection. We need a striker but a sense of injustice about the score line.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think there are 2 points.
1. Gus wanted to show Tony that we need to spend some money.
2. Swindon are a good team.

1. Getting our pants pulled down - on Sky- in a lucrative competition for the club is NOT the way to points score with your chairman and Gus I'm sure is clever enough to realise this
2. Agreed, much as I hate to say it. On this performance they are going to dick L1

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football & relegation form for most of 2012. SMELL THE COFFEE. Hull will maul us on Saturday

I don't necessarily think Barry Lloyd is the answer right at this moment

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football

Its You're

Clearly you didn't see us play under Barry Lloyd

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh well.

Bridcutt was excellent as ever.

We're lacking a cutting edge but I don't think we need be too worried by this display. If anything it just proves how vital CMS and Buckley are to our game.

Seeing Di Canio going nuts and the Swindon goading Greer is embarrassingly tinpot of them.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
If we play like this Saturday, I'd be worried - buts its not, Swindon have played well and we are absent some key players.

We didn't need tonight's performance to show what gaps need to be filled!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We have to bear in mind that El Abd, CMS, Buckley and KLL are missing from this....would any or all of the above have changed this?

Yes.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football & relegation form for most of 2012. SMELL THE COFFEE. Hull will maul us on Saturday

f*** off to the BBS.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The league cup we had those fantastic evenings against Sunderland and Liverpool last season.

Exactly this. I'd love to have seen another big team visit the Amex in a few weeks. Gus obviously didn't. Shame but I think I'll reserve full judgement for our league form

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Crikey I thought you were on your school summer holiday. Take a break from your PC mate, you're embarrassing yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here