Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon tickets available on the day

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Shock of the day! Every game last season that was said to be all ticket ended up allowing you to pay on the day. Why do they bother making them all ticket in the first place?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why? To try and rake in money on the away membership scheme. And to let (some) sth think they are more important than other supporters

It is not the away side that choose to make games all ticket, it is the home team and/or police. Unless it is a league wide conspiracy to fleece the fans, which is not too implausible.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
slightly o/t but can someone explain how my return ticket in advance is £33 (from haywards heath) whereas my brother who is going just from paddington (i was gonna meet him there) is £40 .

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Shock of the day! Every game last season that was said to be all ticket ended up allowing you to pay on the day. Why do they bother making them all ticket in the first place?

I guess it's to take the pressure off the home ticket office being inundated with a couple of thousand people rolling out of the pubs at 2:45 and wanting a ticket.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I guess it's to take the pressure off the home ticket office being inundated with a couple of thousand people rolling out of the pubs at 2:45 and wanting a ticket.
Yup, if they said it was pay on the day from the off and NO-ONE bothered getting a ticket in advanced then it would be mayhem on the day, as it sometimes is - especially when we're expecting a big crowd.

Glad to hear it is now POTD though, you can +3 to the roll call. :thumbsup:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
slightly o/t but can someone explain how my return ticket in advance is £33 (from haywards heath) whereas my brother who is going just from paddington (i was gonna meet him there) is £40 .

probably cause your ticket is via gatwick and reading and not via london. going into london bumps the price up a lot.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Good point, I really had never thought of that. Although clubs that are organised do manage it simply enough.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
probably cause your ticket is via gatwick and reading and not via london. going into london bumps the price up a lot.

no its via london but his ticket just from paddington to swindon is 40 quid and he has a network card which doesnt take the price down at all. rather strange

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
i paid 10.50 for a return via london... :)

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Just been to the Swindon ticket office, they told me tickets
will be available on the day, probably for the open terrace behind the goal,

ticket office opens at 1130 on Saturday and is behind the main stand.

This doesn't help for people travelling by coach.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
How much are U16/U18 ?

Train cost me/us £13 from Brighton, going via. Paddington. Should be good :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here