Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Away?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
A massive away game at one of our playoff rivals :wink:

Never been to this fixture before, I see the stadium is quite near to the train station so should be easy to get to...is this one likely to be pay-on-the-day, and how many do you think we will take?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stadium is simple to get to, it is pay on the day but you can buy tickets in advance and it's ALWAYS a special game going there, even more so with Poyet going back and Brezovan aswell. :clap2:

I have my cheap as chips train tickets all snapped up, the day booked off work and plans made for lunch! :yahoo:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am trying to make this one, holidayed there earlier this year and the other half loved it so may take her as well.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Got our train tickets sorted, 4 of us going up and is always a decent away game! Easy to get to and the trains pretty cheap!
Last couple of years we have taken decent numbers, would think a thousand or so will make the trip.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Purchased a ticket on-line this morning.

On the club website no information yet but in the Charlton program there is and we have 300 tickets available in advance of a total allocation of 1,200 and pay on the gate.

£18 Adults, Senior (60+) £12, U21 £12 (must be in possession of proof of date of birth) amd U16 £7.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Around 1200 went last season when the forecast was c600.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cheap train tickets!? I've been quoted £54.00 return from Brighton on National rail..

If you go via Gatwick and Reading, you can get a return for less than that. :thumbsup:

And if you get in to the ticket office bright and early on monday, you may be able to get yourself the same £7 each way tickets I've got myself. You're committed to certain trains, but it's cheap. Or, you can get a group together and save that way. But if you're heading up alone, get yourself into the ticket office and see if the £7 single fares are still available. £14 my tickets cost me, BARGAIN. :smile:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
That gatwick reading part of the train journey is horrendous, im going to drive it, whats the match day parking like?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That gatwick reading part of the train journey is horrendous, im going to drive it, whats the match day parking like?

Just going via Paddington, cannot be bothered with Gatwick to Reading as a very tedious slow train journey.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

You can park at the ground for a tenner or there is some street parking, but I got there late last time and had to cough up to pay in the ground.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm too scared of the Magic Roundabout to go again :lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cheap train tickets!? I've been quoted £54.00 return from Brighton on National rail..

Split the journey up in national rail, ie do london to swindon, and brighton to london. Or go via gatwick which is what we are doing, is taking us just over 2 hours, which by the time you have driven up there and parked is probably no longer than driving!

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
If you go via Gatwick and Reading, you can get a return for less than that. :thumbsup:

And if you get in to the ticket office bright and early on monday, you may be able to get yourself the same £7 each way tickets I've got myself. You're committed to certain trains, but it's cheap. Or, you can get a group together and save that way. But if you're heading up alone, get yourself into the ticket office and see if the £7 single fares are still available. £14 my tickets cost me, BARGAIN. :smile:

Thanks for the tips.

Via Gatwick and Reading comes up about £2 less.

I can't get to the office until Wednesday afternoon. Having never tried it this way, is this in time to get the cheap tickets? Why isn't this option on the net!?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i remember when we drew 1-1 around 2003(ish)? and we must have taken 2500+, now we are lucky to take 1000! its an easy journey/day to make but i reckon 800 will travel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here