Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing at Withdean

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What we need to do is make a bit of noise at the ground, so that the kids can't hear the players F-ing and blinding each other. Or hearing Forster using at Wilkins:lol::lol::lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The little ****s should f*** off the f***ing family stand methinks. Little shits.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How else can you vent your frustration during the game...
maybe we need to come up with alternatives

1) El abd you rotton scoundrel.......come on lets have some more

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers! Thou art a veritable POLTROON!!!!!!!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who was the player sent off at Withdean for swearing? Was it a Northampton player?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We learnt all the swearwords at school (aged 5 or 6) when i was a lad. Swearing is part of growing up. If parents are upset that their precious kids will overhear swearing at a football match then perhaps they shouldn't take them to anywhere apart from the Family Stand. When these kids grow up and cant find a job and end up doing agency work in a factory the aptitude to fit three swearwords into every sentence will make them accepted as part of the workforce.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who was the player sent off at Withdean for swearing? Was it a Northampton player?

Wycombe on Boxing Day a few years back, told the lino to f*** off

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1) If someone is using the odd swear word for linquistic effect then fine. If someone is continually shouting during a game I'd probably ask them to stick a sock in it as I dont go to football to hear people bellow every 5 minutes. Singing is fine, shouting the odd bit of criticism is fine but people who like the sound of their own voice is not fine.

2) I have never agreed with the idea of curbing swearing because there are children present. I do agree that people can pick up habits from continual exposure to certain things.....but if the family home is a swear free zone then any exposure to excessive swearing outside the home can be dealt with by simple good parenting. Saying something like 'Timmy, you see that man over there swearing....you should not behave like that.' I started going to football aged 9, consequently I was exposed to swearing from this age. I am not foul mouthed and I attribute this to my patents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
think its all about moderation - if someone is saying f*** even other word as if it is used in everyday language, then it could be seen as a problem

however, in the heat of the moment, the odd "f***ing hell el abd" is part and parcel, and part of the experience of going to a game

I blame the club. If they will play players like El Abd, Mayo then they will get swearing. Anyone sitting near my troops on a Saturday afternoon would be forgiven for thinking we had a left back named 'For Fucks Sake Mayo'.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I can put up with the sex & violence on the TV but hate the swearing. I don't like swearing at home and my kids, all now adults, respect that....shame the mrs doesn't.

But when it comes to football the kids know i swear and they swear, it's accepted. Football is a place to let out that frustration and drop that gaurd of respectability.

Oh, and can we have a little more sex & violence at Withdean? might help the attendences!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here