Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven - will the penny finally DROP now for the Swedish Slap ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re Terry - Check the recent NSC poll on this. Terry is consistently good, are you saying Mourinho is wrong?

1 NSC Poll?!? for f*** sake man

2 Mourinho plays Drogba

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
King should be starting at centre back for England in my view - him and Campbell is the best pairing - and they both care - which for an England player these days is quite a shock

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Ledley King position was interesting,. Something in the past I had advocated the position that both Danny Cullip and Adam Virgo should play.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
perseus said:
The Ledley King position was interesting,. Something in the past I had advocated the position that both Danny Cullip and Adam Virgo should play.

I remember seeing Adam Virgo playing in midfield, and quite honestly .... :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Re King - UB, you are up to your old tricks again! King is good enough to play in either position and to say he is merely 4th or 5th choice centre back is doing him an injustice.

Re Lampard - Total bollocks, he's the guy most likely to score for us after Owen and Rooney. He's also the penalty taker - i.e. the guy who's goals won us both the last 2 matches!!

Re Terry - Check the recent NSC poll on this. Terry is consistently good, are you saying Mourinho is wrong?

Re Woodgate - Is that the Woodgate with 2 in his last 3 for Real, the guy who's been injured for so long nobody knows if he's any good anymore, the guy who snorts coke off Kate Lawler's arse?

Lampard one trick pony, sorry Gerrard has so much more talent, but Lampard gets to play his club role for England.

NSC says Terry is good so it must be true. Get a grip this messageboard is not even representative of Brighton fans, let along the fans of the national team, sorry to ruin any illusions for you there.

Woodgate is a quality act, if he stays fit, a spell abroad will bring a lot to his game. But then NSC do not like him so he must be bad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Lampard one trick pony, sorry Gerrard has so much more talent, but Lampard gets to play his club role for England.

NSC says Terry is good so it must be true. Get a grip this messageboard is not even representative of Brighton fans, let along the fans of the national team, sorry to ruin any illusions for you there.

Woodgate is a quality act, if he stays fit, a spell abroad will bring a lot to his game. But then NSC do not like him so he must be bad.

He can go in the Henderson pile

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Eggman said:
Terry is the best, most consistant English centre back there is at the moment.

FACTO FACT CENTRAL.

So he wasnt at fault on sat when Austria hit the post? Or young saved his blushes when he was out of postion?

Or last night again when he was out of postion for Polands goal?

Or even when Postiga was free in the 6 yard box when he scored in euro 04?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way I saw the Polish goal Luke Young could not have been more at sea if he'd been splicing the mainbrace on the poop deck with a dolphin up his arse!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Young had no option to take up that position after Ferdinand had been drawn so easily towards the ball, he was having to cover for his centre backs who were both doing a poor job or perventing the cross from being put in so he took up a postion on the edge of the 6 yard box in the centre of the goal.

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:

Jonny Woodgate is an awesome talent. He may well be the best of the lot if he was fit consistently. No obvious weakness in terms of his playing ability.

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
So he wasnt at fault on sat when Austria hit the post? Or young saved his blushes when he was out of postion?

Or last night again when he was out of postion for Polands goal?

Or even when Postiga was free in the 6 yard box when he scored in euro 04?

All part of the campaign to get Ledley in ahead of him I see.

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
King should be starting at centre back for England in my view - him and Campbell is the best pairing - and they both care - which for an England player these days is quite a shock

So John Terry doesn't care?

Also, Mourinho may pick Drogba. But he's also won quite a lot so I'd back his judgement over yours, with all due respect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kinky, I see you want King and Campbell at centre-back. How about a midfield of Carrick, Jenas, Routledge and Lennon to go with it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
John Terry made an excellent tackle during the move that led to their goal. To suggest he was at any fault for the goal is farcical.

Anyway, can Beckham play on the left? or more to the point, would he be better than Joe Cole on the left. Then we can play both SWP and Beckham in the team

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pavilionaire said:
Kinky, I see you want King and Campbell at centre-back. How about a midfield of Carrick, Jenas, Routledge and Lennon to go with it?

I think you have rumbled him Pav :lolol:

Perhaps with Defoe up front surely....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here