Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex - your favourite thing...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What an excellent thread-it's about time we paid homage to our county:clap:

I've lived outside of Sussex longer than I spent in it-which is alarming to me when I see it in written down:ohmy:

Currently in Surrey and heading down to Sussex I use the A281 a lot-it's daft but as soon as I see the "West Sussex" sign I allow my self a little smile, one that says I'm in a better place...

I love so many things about Sussex, things like the silly little lighthouse at Shoreham Harbour
Lancing College
the gentle rolling hills-what force created them?
The bomb craters from WW2 missions-they're everywhere.
Cuckmere Haven-the meandering river is fantastic.
The entrance to Brighton on the A23. Little ole Southwick 'cos I grew up there, had my first drink there, had my first s**g there:clap2: (it was better than my first drink).
Southwick Beach, the old power station.

There's loads more-it's a special place alrighty:clap: :clap:

The UK has some fantastic places, some great architecture but none of them have what Sussex has....THE ALBION.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Bwian said:
Currently in Surrey and heading down to Sussex I use the A281 a lot-it's daft but as soon as I see the "West Sussex" sign I allow my self a little smile, one that says I'm in a better place...

I smile at that sign too!!!

I haven't lived in Sussex since I was 5 so I don't have much to contribute really, except that I love seeing Brighton from the Downs by night.

I like living in Guildford, but Sussex is home.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
fatboy said:

Good things about Crawley that still have a Sussex feeling

The George Hotel and High Street.(only real part of the old Sussex village left)
Tilgate Park
Gatwick Airport

Thats about it for Crawley, I hope to move out of town in a few years nearer Brighton in a place that really does feel like Sussex.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I for one love Devil's Dyke, as well as the list of things below, but I'm afraid I really do think that Cumbria's beauty spots are better than Sussex's ones. I'd rather spend a day in the Lakes than the Downs any day, but that doesn't make me any less proud to come from Sussex.

Things I love

A bag of chips, Brighton beach, 6.30pm, December

Regency architecture

Cycling down Arundel High Street

Cricket at many places, mostly Arundel Castle, Henfield, Glynde and Findon

The pub with the river next to it in Barcombe

The old Brighton reference library(which fed my bonkers obsession with pointless facts for a long time)

Brighton station (not because I like the pigeon-infested dump, but because I used to work there, and I always come home by train and it makes me feel properly at home)

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
The woods that stretch across the north of the County - much underrated in my book especially St Leonards Forest near Horsham

I could go on and on............

There aint a place like it! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with the woods there, I used to go for walks through those woods, when I lived near them, theres some nice little underated villages around there like Rusper, Kingsfold, Warnham, Balcombe.

When I was about 4 or 5 I lived right next door to some nice woods that were part of this weald, then the council knocked this lovely woodland down and built a nasty housing estate with Chavs. :nono:

Jul 20, 2003
chips and gravy said:

Autumn at Sheffield Park - quite spectacular

good call, that's just taken the edge off of this probably being the last bit off decent deckshair weather for the year.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Finding a great little old pub in the middle of nowhere, like the George and dragon in Houghton.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Driving down the M23, turning off at Crawley, and taking the back road to Wych Cross through Turners Hill and Sharpethorne, taking in the windy roads and overhanging trees.

Standing in my parents back garden at night and seeing a clear starry sky with no noise.

Standing in my parents back garden first thing in the morning and seeing the mist across Pevensey levels and taking in the sounds and smells of the Sussex countryside.

Being on top of Beachy Head at night watching a spectacular storm out at sea.

Marvellous Scenes.!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here