Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex - your favourite thing...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
These two weeks are dragging somewhat, aren't they? Had a great conversation with Sheebo and Grin on the way back from Leicester as we all realised how much we love Sussex. It has a much greater % of woodland than any other county in England, adding to the beauty of the rolling Weald, which contrasts so well with the stark, smooth lines of the Downs.

We, unlike a large proportion of football fans I would say, are very proud of our county, hence the vigorous singing of Sussex by the Sea. :clap2:

What do you like best about Sussex? Try to be specific! Not just "Brighton" or "The Albion". Places, feelings, thoughts, etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Banoffee pie.
Sunset over what's left of the West Pier
Believe it or not - the seagull chorus at dawn. I would miss it if it wasn't there
Evening walks across the top of the Downs
A whole host of country pubs to choose from - across many villages

More soon...

When I young, I said to my Mum
'Are the hills in the distance America?'
She just smiled and said 'no, darling'
Those hills are ours and they're called the South Downs...'

UKA (United Kingdom of American) - Attacco Decente ©1984

D

Deleted User X18H

Hangelton just off toads hole away from the bypass on a mid winter Monday afternoon just before dark - beautiful

Near West Blachington first school

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
It's where I grew up, where I joined the Raf, where my Football team is from and it is and always will be my home!!! (even though I live in Leeds now!)

:( :wave:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest I can't really pick out that much but I know I loev it here because of the feeling you get as you drive through those two big things on the M23. My heart always feels all funny.

It's just home innit.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cricket at arundel
riding a bike through the mid sussex country

Jul 20, 2003
The entirely justified sense of superiority that I feel when I meet anyone from anywhere else. That goes for meeting people from West Sussex as well because East Sussex is better, quite frankly.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Coming through Southwick Tunnel heading West, rising to the top of the small hill and seeing SHOREHAM-BY-SEA laid out in all its glory!
When i used to work in Gatwick I used to say "Home!" everytime I exited the tunnel to see the area where I live and the rest of Shoreham laid out as the sun was setting.....marvelous scenes :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
driving across the beacon with brighton glistening down below, then getting to the other side and seeing mid sussex the other day. sheer magic:clap:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"The entirely justified sense of superiority that I feel when I meet anyone from anywhere else. That goes for meeting people from West Sussex as well because East Sussex is better, quite frankly."

Couldn't agree more! West Sussex always seems tedious in comparison :p

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
drove up to brixton yesterday, took 2 and half hours in shitty traffic!, go foresaken place even when the sun is shining,
i have mates who are brighton born and bred and have moved up there! why?
coming home make you realise how good sussex is.

I dont think i could ever live anywhere else.

2 of the best views in England are at the top of devils dyke, and I get all excited when Im coming up to the top of ditching beacon looking out over sussex

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
another good thing is when you're circling in a plane ready to land at Gatwick, you get to see ALL of Sussex and quite often I can easily make out landmarks on the coast as once was lucky enough to actually see my own house from 10,000ft or something...that was class.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
ONE favourite thing - you've got to be kidding! Though I now live in Kent I miss many things about Sussex.

Watching stoolball anwhere but especially at Burpham
The view of Arundel as you come down the hill past the railway station with the whole town laid out in front of you past the river
Harvey's brewery and the whole of Lewes town centre
The Lanes
The Speed Trials
Sheep on the downs above Long Furlong at Clapham
Ditchling Beacon
Train ride to Pulborough across the Arun valley in full flood
Playing bowls at Singleton in a pub garden (or at Bignor in the shadow of the church)

My favourite of all - the sign on the A229 between Hawkhurst and Hurst Green that says "East Sussex" and the sign on the A283 between Chiddingfold and Northchapel that says "West Sussex"

Home!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The view from the top of the Beacon is fairly impressive going either way, especially the Brighton end at night. Same goes for Dyke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here