Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Hampshire, Arundel, LV County Championship

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
Just listening to commentary on SCR on the net. Seems like the wickets pretty flat, the bowling not very difficult. 400 seems a reasonable target tomorrow ? A good recovery after an unfortunate morning...............

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Even if we do get to 400 then I doubt that we have the bowling this season to force a win at Arundel. We really do miss the little man in games like this.
Surrey look to be struggling at Guildford - 215ao vs Durham and Ramps isn't playing.

ouch, could be good for us if Durham get a win, however have to see how they bat.

On that front 50 for RMJ :yahoo:

You're actually OBSESSED with me, aren't you? Oh well, at least it won't be for much longer, grandad.

1) Unsurprisingly not, you also seem to do good job on self-obsession anyway.
2) What's this "...at least it won't be for much longer..." all about then Tadge?

Last edited:

That's mpre like it! Well batted

Sussex 1st innings R
MH Yardy run out 12
CD Nash b Balcombe 10
CJ Adams lbw b Tomlinson 0
MW Goodwin not out 115
MJ Prior lbw b Tomlinson 0
CD Hopkinson c & b Tomlinson 106
RSC Martin-Jenkins not out 59
Extras (b 2, lb 6, nb 6) 14

Total (5 wickets; 96 overs) 316 (3.29 runs per over)

To bat RG Aga, OP Rayner, CD Collymore, JD Lewry

Fall of wickets1-24 (Yardy), 2-24 (Adams), 3-24 (Nash), 4-25 (Prior), 5-219 (Hopkinson)

Bowling O M R W Econ
JA Tomlinson 27 5 81 3 3.00
DJ Balcombe 16 4 43 1 2.68
AD Mascarenhas 15 8 21 0 1.40
SM Ervine 11 0 52 0 4.72 (2nb)
GA Lamb 5 0 46 0 9.20
LA Dawson 21 4 59 0 2.80
MA Carberry 1 0 6 0 6.00 (1nb)

1) Well commenting on me when I haven't even contributed to a thread suggests otherwise! Quite why someone you don't know was on your mind for no apparent reason is something you'll have to explain.
2) I'm presuming a man of your exceptionally boring nature and continued lack of wit MUST be at least 80-90. Am I wrong?

Anyway, I'm off to Burgess Hill to continue my passionate support (haha even I can't type that with a straight face) of our local teams. You keep thinking about people young enough to be your grandchild:thud:

1) How ridiculous, of course it doesn't.
So commenting on someone who hasn't already posted on that particular thread = obsession? Think about it child.
Your signature though, does indicate a certain degree of self-obsession.
2) If you're interested in my age then don't be such a lazy tosser and go look it up on my profile.
Ffs do you think anyone wants to know what you're doing this evening? However, if you want to play games then I'm off to the hospice in a bit to visit one of my friends and give her kids a break for an hour or so. Like you, they're in their early-mid 20's - hope you have a better evening than we will.
Btw, I thought Man Utd was your team.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Girls girls, give it a bloody rest will you.

I turned up, having missed the first three wickets, thinking I was about to see our relegation pretty much confirmed. The fightback was IMMENSE. I hereby apologise for describing Hoppo as "Goldenarse" in a previous NSC post, and would like to share with you all a picture of him being congratulated by the poshest man in Sussex, J.R.T. Barclay Esq.

I'll be back for more tomorrow, by golly.

Attachments

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 149

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Classic NSC.
I've just been through the whole thread. It consists of:
Half a page of nervous anticipation.
5 pages of gloom and doom and reconstruction of next year's squad in Div 2.
Somebody noticing that Hoppo might be about to get his maiden ton.
1 page of glorification suddenly all long-term and structural problems forgotten.
Half a page of hair pulling and scratching from bitter posters who've never met.
Barely a mention of the true quality hero of the day (Goody).

In short, a day, any day on NSC.

PG
Ps well batted Hoppo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here