Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Surrey, LVCC2, Hove, 15-18 April 2010

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And therein lies the proof that if you big up a player he's bound to get out.

His 6 hour vigil comes to an end. Those few hundred spectators lucky enough to witness the batting masterclass will now be able to look back and say "I was there!"...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A stunning innings played with every shot in the book: the block, the forward defensive, the pad away, the lucky edge to third man and, most exquisite of all, the leave.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Joke club. we have no chance. Looks at Surrey's ambition, they have loads of great players. expect them to pile on the runs and build a 200+ run partnership... :nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
harinath's 50 was the slowest ever in the county championship (in terms of balls faced).

Wasn't the previous holder a Sussex player? Jamie Hall. I can't find any confirmation but I have sneaky suspicion that it was him

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
I cant believe i didnt throw my membership card on the outfield yesterday, a waste of money, these "players" arent fit to wear the shirt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
harinath's 50 was the slowest ever in the county championship (in terms of balls faced).

Was still a very important innings for them. They'd be screwed without his [painfully dull] contribution.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex

Wasn't the previous holder a Sussex player? Jamie Hall. I can't find any confirmation but I have sneaky suspicion that it was him

JAMIE HALL did his bit for posterity by grinding his way to the slowest half-century in the history of the County Championship as Sussex crawled to a first-innings lead over Surrey yesterday.

He dawdled to 50 in 304 minutes, easily passing the previous record of 290 which was set in 1889 by R G 'Dick' Barlow, who was immortalised in the lines - '. . . As the run-stealers flicker to and fro, To and fro: - O my Hornby and my Barlow long ago]' - from the poem At Lord's by Francis Thompson.

In fact the only flickering scene on a sweltering day was that of the eyelids of the crowd as they struggled to stay awake. Hall jolted everybody by taking a quick single off the 228th ball of his innings which took him to his sixth Championship half-century of the summer, the record and it also signalled a marked change of mood.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well done LG, glad I hadn't imagined it.

Seems like he still holds the record in terms of minutes.

So the slowest half-centuries in terms of minutes and balls were both set during Sussex v Surrey matches.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
images

First ball of the day

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Rana strikes.
Did they start early? according to cricinfo they've bowled four overs of pace already and on my clock it's 11:03

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ah now i see, scoreboards out of sync. Two of first two balls!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here