Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Middlesex

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Trigger said:
I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard the Horsham toilet door close these last two days.

:lolol:
I been envolved with Horsham CC most of my life, firstly watching, then scoring for the 1St team, playing for the colts then the main teams. My claim to fame other than being able to sit with the likes of D Bird and Shep during the county week, as I used to do the scoreboard and the scorers and umpires always sit on the same tables, was that it was me that fitted the auto door closer to that BLOODY TOILET DOOR. Sorry:D

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
PILTDOWN MAN said:
I been envolved with Horsham CC most of my life, firstly watching, then scoring for the 1St team, playing for the colts then the main teams. My claim to fame other than being able to sit with the likes of D Bird and Shep during the county week, as I used to do the scoreboard and the scorers and umpires always sit on the same tables, was that it was me that fitted the auto door closer to that BLOODY TOILET DOOR. Sorry:D
Couldn't go back and board the door up for the next two days could you?...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Marc said:
Anyone know where CMJ lives roughly? Because I went to a house in West Sussex and the customers name was C Martin-Jenkins...unfortunatley no one home to confirm my suspicion!
I believe he used to live in Barnes Green. He and His dad used to play for Horsham.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Trigger said:
Couldn't go back and board the door up for the next two days could you?...

i'm going tomorrow so will endevour to do something

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good day:clap2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
102/1 stumps drawn

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
PILTDOWN MAN said:
I believe he used to live in Barnes Green. He and His dad used to play for Horsham.

hmm yeah could well be him then!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
His Dad, CMJ, lives either in or near Rudgwick.

it'll be his dad then...is he the Commentator on Five Live?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sweet....my new claim to (partial) fame :jester:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If he looked like an elongated cricket stump with glasses, that will be him(CMJ). By the way he's a better commentator/writer than cricketer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good day - but how bad is Rana's injury?

Says on the Beeb that he won't bowl in the second innings.

BTW CMJ lives in Rudgwick. Not sure about Tucker

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen Monty's catch to get rid of Hutton - catch of the season without a doubt.

I hope we go on to make a cracking score today: I'm going tomorrow and want there to be some action.

I used to sit next to CMJ when I worked (briefly) at The Cricketer. I do remember him leaving early one day as he had to go to watch Robin play in a school game. I little knew that we were talking about a future Sussex player.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
PILTDOWN MAN said:
If he looked like an elongated cricket stump with glasses, that will be him(CMJ). By the way he's a better commentator/writer than cricketer.

I can vouch for that - played against him when he was playing for horsham Priory I think - hit him for a six as well.

Also played against RMJ at colt level and he was triggered by the umpire and he turned to the umpire i the poshest English and said "Really umpire, I just don't think that was out". Our state comprehensive minds couldn't understand this but we won anayway !!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Marc said:
Anyone know where CMJ lives roughly? Because I went to a house in West Sussex and the customers name was C Martin-Jenkins...unfortunatley no one home to confirm my suspicion!

He is from Horsham. When I was 16 we played Hotrsham and we promptly got drubbed mostly down to Robin Martin Jenkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here