Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Sussex v Lancashire, Hove, LV CC - Div One - 26-29 April, Probiz Stadium, Hove***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thank you... I was only just still there too... like 8ace I was just about to give up again... and stick with Ding and Selby. But at least that was a crumb of a reward for my persistence.

JL has gone back to BLITHERING... I don't think I will last very long at this rate.
I used to love listening to Leesy but something strange has happened now and he is fast becoming UNBEARABLE.... :)

The Cricket World Cup Final apparently had an estimated worldwide audience of more than a billion people...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm listening too but with difficulties. The output is a bit quiet combined with John Lees confused ramblings and this Lanky borefest of an innings is making it a bit shit.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is he PAID to do this?
I hope not. I love the way he bleats on about declarations and game strategy when it is obvious he hasn't got the first idea what he is talking about...

Fantastic stuff from Mike Selvey yesterday on the Grauniad website...

"And now, here we are esconced in the new Hove media centre, still a work in progress, but with no wireless connection (ethernet only and then only in even number sockets), a shortage of chairs, and, a masterstroke, no screening between the radio box and the press box. So we are treated to the ball-by-ball commentary from local radio, which, frankly, by the end of the day will have us banging our heads on the desktops in the style of Basil Fawlty. Perhaps the arrangement is just a temporary measure while the rest is being finished, but it certainly doesn't look like it."

:D

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Avoiding the commentary by retiring back to the hum of the pavilion. At least the commentary now teams up with the away lot to even it out a bit.

Sussex toiling. Amjad adding some no balls. What do you reckon Nash on at the Cromwell Road end to support Monty.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I hope not. I love the way he bleats on about declarations and game strategy when it is obvious he hasn't got the first idea what he is talking about...

"And now, here we are esconced in the new Hove media centre, still a work in progress, but with no wireless connection (ethernet only and then only in even number sockets), a shortage of chairs, and, a masterstroke, no screening between the radio box and the press box. So we are treated to the ball-by-ball commentary from local radio, which, frankly, by the end of the day will have us banging our heads on the desktops in the style of Basil Fawlty. Perhaps the arrangement is just a temporary measure while the rest is being finished, but it certainly doesn't look like it."

That is indeed FANTASTIC! :laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ronnie coming up soon at which point I will take a deserved break from the Leesy carcrash.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think part of the reason it is SO hard to listen to is the lack of an effects mike picking up the ambience from the crowd, the anguished cries of the Sussex bowlers and the resounding thwack of leather on willow. There is nothing to detract from the blitherings and inanities.

The Rocket and The Wizard of Wishaw beckon!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think part of the reason it is SO hard to listen to is the lack of an effects mike picking up the ambience from the crowd, the anguished cries of the Sussex bowlers and the resounding thwack of leather on willow. There is nothing to detract from the blitherings and inanities.

The Rocket and The Wizard of Wishaw beckon!

The groans at every extra...

They have over 500 runs when they going to stop and bowl us out...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

i hope john lees has got really angry about this in a similar style to his reaction to james may when top gear were on scr

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Sorry if fixtures, but went down there last night and the new South Stand Seats looks like a child has scrawled "SHARKS" on them ( though not as bad as a retarded "Sheffield Wednesday" on side of Hillsborough ). Looks a bit shit IMO.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Streaky way to get 100 nicked behind with no slip.

Stand looks okay. The bar looks too smart now like a hotel lobby. I miss the junk and players honours boards. Hey ho at least we have our green grass banking and Harveys beer.

Wickets quite green....another six goes flying into the new Gulligan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here