Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex V Lancashire - 4 Dayer - Hove - On TV!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I was in the Emirates stand all day and didn't get burnt.

Did anyone see the bloke with the watermellon on his head?

Superb stuff:lolol:

Yeh lmao, them Watermelon men were funny:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see the stage is set for Law to get his customary century tomorrow.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I see the stage is set for Law to get his customary century tomorrow.

They are playing on a wicket with a short boundary to the Umer Rashid score board looks terrifying when you think about laws ability, what was the groundsman thinking! Perhaps the idea was that Adams et al would also pepper it with sixs, best laid plans of mice and men. Still its a good view of the wicket from the temporay stand at the Cromwell road end.

Going to go along to the morning session today, its an imoportant one, we really need our bowlers to keep it tight and get wickets. I think law may get a score, we just need the others to falter to keep the lead nominal, then let Mushy at em on the last day.

The watermelon men were drinking out of it with straws and spoons, perhaps they had ladden it with vodka. They were supporting both sides bowling and batting. Rather liked the way they were just enjoying the game.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
This has to be one of the sloppiest Session ive ever seen Sussex play.:censored:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got in after seeing the morning session, Law and Keedy both looked like getting 100 plus each.

Seen the score and well done Ollie I was suprised he was not given a couple of overs late this morning to try and break the partnership.

245 for 7 Lanky are 8 behind, need to get into the lower order, great effort after lunch by Sussex.

Looked like Adams put down Law this morning off two balls from Lewry.

some would call today a day for batsmen

As yesterday Brett - just a shame that ours, Tucker and Hoppo excluded, either didn't turn up or couldn't be arsed to concentrate.

BTW sod the watermelons - did anyone else notice the Marilyn Monroe moment in front of the Emirates stand just after tea yesterday? Resulted in me spilling most of a pint of Harveys but the view was some compensation for this sad loss.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
did anyone else notice the Marilyn Monroe moment in front of the Emirates stand just after tea yesterday? Resulted in me spilling most of a pint of Harveys but the view was some compensation for this sad loss.

I did see a Marilyn Monroe moment as well, although not sure if it was the same one. The lady in question was one of a trio of attractive young ladies and wearing a black and white number.

I did see a Marilyn Monroe moment as well, although not sure if it was the same one. The lady in question was one of a trio of attractive young ladies and wearing a black and white number.

That's the one - three women with two blokes. Our wives spent ages trying to work out their potential relationships whilst us X-Y's just savoured the commando moment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:D I thought I was going to have to take my old man to see the St John's Ambulance.

280 for 7. Law century. Need a wicket sharpish.

Game over. Well and truly bottled again. Robinson/MacKay/Mushy/Adams/Hoppo/Monty/Lenham (delete as applicable) OUT! :angry:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As yesterday Brett - just a shame that ours, Tucker and Hoppo excluded, either didn't turn up or couldn't be arsed to concentrate.

Having not seen anything but the highlights on Sky Sports News, I didnt know it was a bat friendly wicket, I was basing it on the fact that 14 wickets fell on day 1 of a championship game. But we are bat and ball mentals at the moment (except for Tucker)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Having not seen anything but the highlights on Sky Sports News, I didnt know it was a bat friendly wicket, I was basing it on the fact that 14 wickets fell on day 1 of a championship game. But we are bat and ball mentals at the moment (except for Tucker)

Keedy and Law just played it slow and safe today, three an over. Law was put down early in the slips by Adams, catches win matches!

An unnecessary run out - ie Nash calls for a run (his call - so you GO Yardy!) and gets sent back.
Poor shots from Yardy, Goodwin, Adams, and Prior although I thought Keedy flighted the ball well and Adams might have got a low one. The dismissals of Tucker, Hoppo and Rayner looked agricultural (RMJ) and a bit careless.
In the end, I thought we did well to get 250 but would be 125-150 short if Lancs made a decent fist of it (which they seem to be doing). Our opening attack lacks penetration and 250 is just not enough to give the spinners - Mushy, Rayner, whoever a decent chance of bowling a team out in the 1st innings.
The cock-up over Ryan Harris and not replacing Monty is costing Sussex now. Our batting has been in noticable decline for a couple of seasons, even last year we didn't get enough runs on many occasions; however, we won the CCh, reached the 20:20 finals (where the batting failed!) so it was ignored and now we're struggling in every form of the game.
Lack of long term planning and sticking plaster approach throughout the club under the current management.
Pass the Sancerre please Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here