Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v hampshire arundel 15th-18th july

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
James Kirtley and Robin Martin-Jenkins return to Sussex's Championship squad for the visit of Hampshire to Arundel.

Both missed the rain-affected draw with Warwickshire at Edgbaston but are named in a 13-man party.

Hampshire will be without fast bowler Chris Tremlett, so Dominic Cork returns as one of two changes from the side that drew with Somerset.

Tom Burrows also comes into the side as wicketkeeper in place of the injured Nic Pothas (groin).

Sussex (from): Arafat, Collymore, Goodwin, Hodd, Hopkinson, Joyce, Kirtley, Martin-Jenkins, Nash, Rayner, Smith, Wright, Yardy (capt).

Hampshire: Adams, Carberry, Lumb, Crawley, Dawson, Ervine, Burrows (wkt), Mascarenhas (capt), Cork, Tomlinson, Tahir.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
will be interesting to see who gets left out. kirtley possibly and maybe rmj. although rmj has a good record at arundel as stated by robbo. would be harsh to drop anyone really escpecially hoppo.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Pothas being injured for them is handy as he always seems to get a few runs against us.
I'd have RMJ back and drop one of Smith or Wright as I don't think either of their bowling really suits the longer form of the game.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Pothas being injured for them is handy as he always seems to get a few runs against us.
I'd have RMJ back and drop one of Smith or Wright as I don't think either of their bowling really suits the longer form of the game.

tremlett missing as well, good stuff. hope smithy doesnt miss out, much improved in all forms of the game. wrighty looks abit out of nick at the mo although he bowled well enough last night. maybe with lords coming up and the 20/20 quarters he could do with a little rest.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I would leave out Wright and definitely Kirtley...

Nash
Yardy
Joyce
Goodwin
Hopkinson
Smith
Arafat
Hodd
Martin-Jenkins
Rayner
Collymore

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
might pop down on friday for this one :clap:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm heading down there tomorrow and friday, possibly saturday depending on the weather/match situation. Does anyone know if the radios (the ones that clip on to your ear) that pick up Leesy's commentary at Hove work at Arundel?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
showers over that way or near enough, set to clear into a windy but dry day with tomorrow set to be dry thus far. Heavy rain moving in tomorrow night & all day friday so at this moment in time I'd say 2 days play and saturday....and thats it!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd have dropped Goodwin myself and told him to go back to the Seconds and find some form - he hasn't reached 30 yet in FC cricket this season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I assumed they hadn't sorted out his registration properly yet so if we played him he had to be our oversees

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Time for Wright to step up and put a major performance in with bat or ball or both, if he wants to progress his Int'l career, there's a vacancy in the test team for an all-rounder now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here