Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Uni car park today

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Worse than The Bridge getting out today, and I still haven’t.

I don’t dish out that kind of insult easily.
I am not sure where you parked, but I left at 93mins, walked briskly over the bridge to the Uni car park, sent a few messages, then was out and over to Durrington by 4:30pm... quick visit to my in laws to pick something up, then was back in my house on the Somerset Levels by 7:25pm.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worse than The Bridge getting out today, and I still haven’t.

I don’t dish out that kind of insult easily.
I had no problem.

But I did leave at 85 minutes. :shrug:

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
Someone in front of me said that there’d been some kind of ‘shunt’, as someone tried to force their way into the queue!

Yeah there was, two Forrest thugs in a big white Audi shunted a bloke in front, no damage done but when the chap got out of his car to check, they basically threatened him.

They did this with their three kids in the back too.

Just scum i'm afraid.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Even though I’ve got use of a pass to park for free at the Uni I don’t do it and make use of EDF where possible or public transport instead. Find the whole process of exiting so stressful I’d rather not do it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
University, right at the top/back.

I've parked there probably 50 times or more, and I always end up in the top car park, but we tend to arrive about an hour before kick-off.

But, because I know how snarled it does get, I always park near the top/back of the car park itself which tends to permit a relatively trouble-free escape, certainly compard to The Bridge.

Today it was about 55 minutes from when I got in the car to when we finally reached the Falmer mini-roundabout.
I did notice a hell of a lot of traffic coming up the slip rd from the a27..... is this normal?... I don't recall seeing quite so much in previous Uni excursions.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
University, right at the top/back.

I've parked there probably 50 times or more, and I always end up in the top car park, but we tend to arrive about an hour before kick-off.

But, because I know how snarled it does get, I always park near the top/back of the car park itself which tends to permit a relatively trouble-free escape, certainly compard to The Bridge.

Today it was about 55 minutes from when I got in the car to when we finally reached the Falmer mini-roundabout.
Wow, Jubilee? Thats where we always park too, we’ve only once got in a car park closer, so now really never try any more and go straight to the top. Admittedly at the whistle I get promptly dragged by the hand, at his lordships enormous gait for two reason a) he hates freed from desire and b) to get to the car and into the queue…It wasn’t too bad for us today, I guess it must have gotten worse…

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
There was another Forrest fan in an a rented, silver MG SUV who also had kids in the back who for some reason was unable to contain his rage.

Imagine a red faced gammon screaming obscenities at nobody in particular inside a sound proof goldfish bowl for half an hour and you'll get the picture.

I actually felt sorry for the bloke that he could get himself into such a state...

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
How are the trains getting home these days? First time in ages that I’d walked past Falmer Station, huge queues of folk. Are the staff able to prevent queue jumping to join mates in the first bit?

No better or worse than they've always been IMO. If you've been the Amex more than once on the train you know it's an exercise in patience.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I think I saw young children being thrown out of the fire exit on the A27, at speed. . .

Does that help?

I was aisle seat, so didn’t get a good view of the A27 as we sped up the hill towards the A23 slip road. Was that at around 4.20?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mill road P&R, about 10 mins longer, three pints of Harveys watching the highlights, about 8,500 steps less and not a chance of getting mugged in Coldean :wink:

Going to give bike riding to games next, same route.

Got on the Mill Road bus at 12:40ish, it was clearly heated, a wall of heat. Later, people asked the driver to turn it off, he denied it was on.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
@Bozza - agree absolute nightmare, we turned round in the end and went past stanmer park, which I’m confident was quicker.

With the exception of one season in Bennett’s Field, we’ve always been in the university, but this is second very slow exit this season.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
In case he is reading this thread - thumbs up to the coach driver from Pyecombe who was not averse to queue-jumping in his coach.
He also had a good playlist with his music, I found myself singing along to some old favourites like the Stephens/Propper song, Denis Undav, Jeremy Sarmiento, although it took a while to remember who the voulez-vous song was for.:ascarf:

Last edited:

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
The problem, is not the uni, its the lights outside the ground causing a back up and stopping the flow of traffic . . . There's only one lane on the bridge over the A27, which is the bottle neck

What makes matters worse is a high quantity of casual pick ups at the side of the road and ******* **** taxi drivers (and entitled posh car owners) who are impatient and use the wrong lanes thinking they'll 'buy time'

we see you. . . . It starts on the slip rd off the A27 . . . . You're not sliding into Asda in a brand new F type Jag convertible with a private plate ( other poncey twatmobiles are available) . . .you're jumping the queue and being a ****. To then have the audacity to put your hand up as if to say thanks as you cut in front of those of us who've waited politely.

The club don't have anyone capable of managing it all, and it's no mean feat . . . . But I do believe it could be done . . .logistics aint that hard, you just need someone who thinks practically and logically.

Good post.

The lights on Village Way backup the flow of traffic and the bridge makes traffic single file. If you're going to Brighton down the A27 or going to Woodingdean you're in the same congestion that goes all the way back to the car park...

Am not criticising the marshalls as it's difficult job, but I believe it could be managed a lot cleverer as well...

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
Good news: it looks like we might get out in the next 15-20 minutes or so.

Or should I just turn round now and get a good spot for the Spurs game?

If you're still there, can you check there's not a Forrest fan in a silver MG in the corner of the carpark still shouting himself to death please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here