Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Uni car park today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Bridge is getting ridiculous, the number of cars waiting ages by the side of the road after the exit from the top, and also the number waiting in the disabled areas, a long line of them stopping people (me) who need to get out as they take half the road up. There's a perfectly good pickup point at the uni, why not use that?

Oct 3, 2023
Playing spot the Pyecombe park and ride a laugh after the game too. Works well when you find the coach.
Also, some customer service training for the lady managing the queue who told an elderly passenger who had walked over the place to find it and wasn’t impressed to “ don’t bother coming if you don’t like it” !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Playing spot the Pyecombe park and ride a laugh after the game too. Works well when you find the coach.
Also, some customer service training for the lady managing the queue who told an elderly passenger who had walked over the place to find it and wasn’t impressed to “ don’t bother coming if you don’t like it” !
That is pretty poor.

I took the Pyecombe bus today and was just going to say how jolly and good humoured the queue manager was. Why wasn’t the elderly lady impressed? Clear direction signs, Short queues, bus goes another one comes straight away, zero queues back at the farm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We must have gotten lucky then, as we are home already! Which car park?
University, right at the top/back.

I've parked there probably 50 times or more, and I always end up in the top car park, but we tend to arrive about an hour before kick-off.

But, because I know how snarled it does get, I always park near the top/back of the car park itself which tends to permit a relatively trouble-free escape, certainly compard to The Bridge.

Today it was about 55 minutes from when I got in the car to when we finally reached the Falmer mini-roundabout.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pyecombe was brilliant, coaches all lined up ready to go - straight out and on the A27 within 20 mins of final whistle, even if the coaches were buried at the back. Still, they were signposted so all was well
Good to hear and equally annoying as the paid for service via ST are not allowed to leave the coach park for a minimum of 30 mins after FT even if full and ready

I’d use Pyecombe if it was available for each game but can’t take the risk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The problem, is not the uni, its the lights outside the ground causing a back up and stopping the flow of traffic . . . There's only one lane on the bridge over the A27, which is the bottle neck

What makes matters worse is a high quantity of casual pick ups at the side of the road and ******* **** taxi drivers (and entitled posh car owners) who are impatient and use the wrong lanes thinking they'll 'buy time'

we see you. . . . It starts on the slip rd off the A27 . . . . You're not sliding into Asda in a brand new F type Jag convertible with a private plate ( other poncey twatmobiles are available) . . .you're jumping the queue and being a ****. To then have the audacity to put your hand up as if to say thanks as you cut in front of those of us who've waited politely.

The club don't have anyone capable of managing it all, and it's no mean feat . . . . But I do believe it could be done . . .logistics aint that hard, you just need someone who thinks practically and logically.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing

I've parked there probably 50 times or more, and I always end up in the top car park, but we tend to arrive about an hour before kick-off.

But, because I know how snarled it does get, I always park near the top/back of the car park itself which tends to permit a relatively trouble-free escape, certainly compard to The Bridge.

Today it was about 55 minutes from when I got in the car to when we finally reached the Falmer mini-roundabout.
Someone in front of me said that there’d been some kind of ‘shunt’, as someone tried to force their way into the queue!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Queue back down The Drove from Woodingdean past the ground was much worse than usual too. It didn’t look as though anyone was manually controlling the traffic lights (often the case when the games aren’t on Saturdays).

Loads of parking tickets issues on that road as usual.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Worse than The Bridge getting out today, and I still haven’t.

I don’t dish out that kind of insult easily.
It was the parking marshalls at the top they were not alternating letting traffic out and when challenged were saying they had to empty the one car park. Worst it’s been since been parking there (when Amex opened) and worse than the United game when there were no marshalls at all

I do your precise tactics (guess it’s not rocket science) and have noticed it getting slightly worse bit by bit every time I’ve used it over this year. Am on the cusp of not bothering given the price rise to 18 quid too. I guess if more don’t bother, it will get better for those that do.

The success of Pyecombe I think means the club should look at more P&R options

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I wonder how many other viable out of town options there are for P&R - as a city we aren’t blessed with lots of parking options but there must be other office car park/large field solutions? Certainly, the fewer cars bringing one or two people, would make the journey times for everyone that bit quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here