Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex senior cup final at the amex !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
20 actually :p i guess you are about 60 and living in the past??
anyway banter a side i respect your opinion but this is a bad call.
anyway just got back from a hard nights work, off to bed.

39, actually, and very much living in the 'top of league 1 / new stadium' future.
Doesn't mean ignoring traditions though.

Read this thread, guage the opinions, and then stop talking about what 'most Brighton fans' think. Thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The ignorance of those that know nothing about the non league football on their doorstep is quite staggering. With a successful League club the non league is an important step for youngsters coming through the ranks. I find the arrogance because of our gleaming new stadium quite unbelievable. The SSC is older than BHAFC itself and since the pre-war years has also been playing the cup final at the premier Sussex ground, namely the Goldstone. In the days of 1,000 plus crowds in the non league the SSC final used to generate crowds of up to 20,000, so this won't be the biggest ever attendance for an SSC final. It is a perfect opener for a ramp up match, involving Sussex teams and Sussex players on a reduced capacity for those at the club to monitor how matchday operations go. It is also refreshing to see those posting on here who have a knowledge of the non league history and it's importance to non league clubs, heads up to you guys.

All of this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do think that Charlie should be having a word with his players, all the same, and making sure the Albion are in this final. Its right and proper either way, that the SSC Final is held there, but I would still prefer an Albion side to be playing in the stadium's first match.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
Then possibly you should attend the Berkshire Senior Cup Final which will probably be held at the Madjeski Stadium. Without local football there would be no League or Premiership football.

You are wrong in your assumption that you are speaking for most BHA supporters I would think. Most of thejm realise that we have to have these ramp up events and this is an ideal opportunity.

i live really close to maidenhead and they usually win but they don't care about it. usually played at wycombe or worse stadiums, no one cares about it and especially me as i'm a Brighton fan. countys means nothing to me, just where im from and i wouldnt care if slough (india) got to the fa cup final :p
seagulls fans seem to be splitting now because of crawley getting better and doing well in the cup etc.
and fans seem to be proud about talking about them and supporting them more then the albion, do us a favour and watch one or the other so we dont have to listen to it?
if you want to be a big team you cant live in the past, were on the up and were leaving the crap behind us. goodnight.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As has been commented in this thread Seagulls til I die, you seem to completely miss the point. Several in fact. But why let that get in the way of good old fashioned ignorance and arrogance?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For your info I hope that Crawley get slaughtered by Man U reserves as I have no respect for them whatsoever as they wouldnt help us out when we needed it but other than that I am 100% committed to The Albion but realise that football in Sussex doesnt start and end with Brighton.

please people lets get this into perspective, the event (on the pitch) is irrelevent, it could be Coombe Rovers v Melford or even Miss Brighton. It's a bog flushing demonstration only, all stands will be open, test the turnstiles, the coffee machine, the beer pumps, the exits, Falmer station etc etc etc etc, get the final certificate stamped, touch up the paint work, dot the T's cross the I's. That is all, no more no less

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For your info I hope that Crawley get slaughtered by Man U reserves as I have no respect for them whatsoever as they wouldnt help us out when we needed it but other than that I am 100% committed to The Albion but realise that football in Sussex doesnt start and end with Brighton.

Crawley Love In - Why? Seems it was the Council not the club if this post is factual.

last season, 605 people attended the final

I dont see how 10,000 will turn up for this?

Even if they gave away free tickets to every school (which I guess this falls in the summer holidays?)

Depends on the cost of the tickets, but as it will be the first competitive match at Falmer I think there will be considerably more than the 605 that attended last season's final. You never know there could be 10,000 in attendance.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
good idea to test the ground out but i will happily wait for Albion's first friendly at the Amex with a full attendance.

Same here, I'd rather my first Amex game be a full attendance actually watching our first team play then a Sussex cup final we might not even be involved in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Amazing NSC, how you can turn the joyous announcement of the first event at ourfabulous new stadium into a Binfest 'sake.

Anyway, as I've already paid for my ticket, I shall be looking forward to this date with massive anticipation and a cheesy grin from today, until the day of the game. :falmer:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The annoying thing is i usually am open to people giving opinions and so on but i'm afraid i know i am right on this one.
It is not a big event 'anymore'. It is nothing and i'm sure most albion fans will tell you this and won't recall any famous moments or anything from this 'cup'. And you wont find any of those fans on here anyway.
I do hope the reserves/youngsters don't get there so that Albions first game at the Amex can be decent.
Although all things a side, i would rather just get a first league win there as i see this as the most important thing and would be the better experience.

f***ing clueless

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I think its a cracking decision, its a win/win situation for everyone. Brighton get a football event as a ramp up. SFA get a share of what could end up being a 10,000 crowd and 2 sets of players get to have a day out they'll never forget. I had the pleasure of playing in the junior cup final at lancing in 2000 and it was an unbelievable day, imagine what it would be like stepping out at falmer infront of thousands.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
I think it's a good idea, put something back into local football/community . Will probably be a decent crowd as a lot of people will want to go just to see the stadium. Although I think I will wait until 06th August.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I think its generally a good event to have as a "ramp up", 'dry run' or whatever.

My only reservation: If its two non league clubs partaking or a non league club playing Brighton Reserves - That non league club should receive an exclusive allocation for their regular fans on a pro rata basis of their average home attendance. If I were a fan of Eastbourne Borough, through to the lowest ranked clubs such as Rustington who are still in the SSC, I'd be seriously & justifiably pissed off if I was unable to get a ticket. Yes, the likes of Rustington may only get an average of 10 men & their dogs watching them, but those loyal regulars shouldn't miss out on tickets should they actually make the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here