Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Police and crime commissioner election.... A simple mans view.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I voted for the ex-copper as the only one who understands how coppers work, what they need and what the public needs. (I didn't vote for the political party, but the copper himself.)

I'm really struggling with this. Our candidates in Surrey are similarly confusing, my only criteria for choosing was that they be a) a former copper, and b) independent of a political party.
With respect, a former copper would be the WORST candidate for the role of scrutinising how the police look after the public interest. In my experience, all former employees of any big organisation have an axe of some sort to grind.

IF I get time today I will go down and spoil my paper. I hope they publish the 'spoil' results.
They always do.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I bet the vote counters will have a right laugh tonight reading some of the comments on the spoilt ballot slips.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Didn't realise until now that the BNP idiot (Matt Taylor) who has been doing more campaigning than anyone couldn't come up with the 5k deposit so isn't even on the ballot. He's told his supporters to scrawl SOS (the 'political party' that he's the only member of) on the ballot papers and if spoiled papers 'wins' he will claim the victory. What an absolute bellend.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
According to a few folks i know who are helping count the votes and run stations the turnout has been woeful. Good. Though I wish more were turning up to spoil papers. People just seem a bit bewildered about the whole thing as it has received very little publicity and no information except a few child like discussion on the local news.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What is the most effective way to spoil the ballot? (*awaits "give it everything it wants"-type answers*)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Big on paperwork and organization and always (often to the dismay of his girlfriend, Katy) takes time to see all sides of a story before getting involved.

Who voted for Carrot ?

I am going to spoil my paper by wiping my arse on it, that way I will be counted as part of the turnout while voicing my opinion of the whole sorry affair.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surprised and disappointed that no one ran on a platform of ACAB.

edit: "the necessary £5,000 deposit"

Guess that's why. :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Voting for the Independent because he's independent. No other reason. He might be a part of the KKK for all I know about him though

From the outside looking in- it does seem a shame that political parties are involved in these elections. Surely the appointment should be apolitical

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I'm weakening a bit. I have voted in every single election and referendum (European, national and local) since I became 18 in 1975. Every single one. It really goes against the grain to boycott this one as my boycott can just be interpreted as voter apathy, so IF I get time today I will go down and spoil my paper. I hope they publish the 'spoil' results.

THIS :lolol:

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
When is the voting??
havent had any literature about it or even who the candidates are so how can I vote.
If they can't be arsed, neither can I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here