Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Pretty sure that wouldn't be worth the cost. Didn't help Surrey when they got in Shakib Al Hasan for the Somerset match. And Sussex are a club that can't afford to turn the floodlights on: why would they splash out for such a risk?
On a similar note, I happened across this story about Durham bringing in Emilio Gay (described in the subheading as an "In-form opener) for their last two matches yesterday.

I then checked the scorecard for that match. He scored 0 of 12 balls.

To be fair, he's meant to be joining Durham next season and brought his start forward, so it's not like they've signed him just for these last matches.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're going to struggle to get any batting points - unless Simpson does it again (and we can't rely on him all the time)

The only consolation is that this looks like a tricky wicket and a lead of 100 could be a mighty big one

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The batsman don't 'alf do short runs that don't seem to be picked up by umpires.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Could someone more knowledgeable confirm? Sussex need 12 points to confirm promotion. Of these 3 are in the bag as bowling points, and another will arrive shortly for batting, leaving a requirement of 8. Even if Middlesex get maximum batting points (unlikely) then a draw in this match is enough??

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Could someone more knowledgeable confirm? Sussex need 12 points to confirm promotion. Of these 3 are in the bag as bowling points, and another will arrive shortly for batting, leaving a requirement of 8. Even if Middlesex get maximum batting points (unlikely) then a draw in this match is enough??
We would need to reach 350 runs to get 3 batting points, and yes - it's 8 points for a draw.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hopefully we can still get a lead of 200+. Should be a win, as long as the rain stays away. Bugger, Simpson gone now.
Sorry, my bad. Was just on my way here to ask the following:

"At 8 down, if you're Simpson do you look to accelerate the scoring and see if you can get a 3rd batting point in a hurry or just look to bat long with what remains of the tail?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here