Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Incredible from Robinson!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lucky that was an away game, the crap coverage Sussex stream would have missed it.
Why IS our coverage so comparatively crap? I mean, I know money, but we look so small time compared to almost every other team/county in our coverage.

Really doesn’t help that Adrian Harmes - god bless him - is the most easily confused man in the country

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Top of the table and why Warwickshire are Birmingham i don't get.
Isn't it to do with the c. £20m they received from Birmingham council to bail them out / fund the redevelopment of Edgbaston?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why IS our coverage so comparatively crap? I mean, I know money, but we look so small time compared to almost every other team/county in our coverage.

Really doesn’t help that Adrian Harmes - god bless him - is the most easily confused man in the country
You would think the ECB/Blast would want to invest in the streaming to make it all as good as it can be.

Easy way to get interest into the sport

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

I don’t mind Adrian so much in Championship games as he blends into background nicely while I am meant to be working.

Much as the streams are better than nothing, so many other Counties now seem to have decent, multi camera coverage whereas Sussex seem to have a fixed camera at each end which sometimes moves if you are lucky.

You would think that the coaches would benefit from having better coverage to review and also the advertisers / sponsors would like to see their boards around the ground shown more often.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don’t mind Adrian so much in Championship games as he blends into background nicely while I am meant to be working.

Much as the streams are better than nothing, so many other Counties now seem to have decent, multi camera coverage whereas Sussex seem to have a fixed camera at each end which sometimes moves if you are lucky.

You would think that the coaches would benefit from having better coverage to review and also the advertisers / sponsors would like to see their boards around the ground shown more often.
Absolutely. And the Surrey game on Friday for instance, they pushed their “brand” multiple times. As cringey as it was at times, they did that a lot better than everyone else due to budget and ambition.

I like Adrian Harmes but if you solely listened to him you’d not have a clue about the game at hand.

Sorry but it needs a big upgrade across the board.

Fixed cameras rather than moving ones.

A huge difference unfortunately.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Surely the coaches have a different and better feed ??

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Going all high horse, it's a free stream and most who watch it give nowt to the club. It could be better (Middlesex is top notch) but beggars and choosers. Some even complained that there were advertisements. I think those people should be given free life memberships.......

As for our, Adrian. You leave him alone ! He's the cuddly, and occasionally confused, voice of Sussex cricket.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In a world where everything is more expensive and every business wants you on a subscription, it does seem odd that county cricket coverage is free.
Give it a couple of years and we will look back at this period as golden tImes, as surely the service will be monetised at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here