Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Because he is clueless?
You leave him alone. His jovial tones are very appreciated here. He's actually very knowledgeable, but NSC always thinks it can do better.

As regards the declaration, setting a team nearly 400 to win on the last day of the match at 5 an over should always put you in pole position.

The declaration was fine, Sussex response has not been.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You leave him alone. His jovial tones are very appreciated here. he's actually very knowledgeable, but NSC always thinks it can do better.

As regards the declaration, setting a team nearly 400 to win on the last day of the match at 5 an over should always put you in pole position.

Indeed.

And while Carson was knocking it about this morning, the comments on the stream were FULL of people whining about Sussex being dull and batting too long. Judging a declaration isn't easy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You leave him alone. His jovial tones are very appreciated here. he's actually very knowledgeable, but NSC always thinks it can do better.

It was a stupid declaration... only two results were possible. 'Dangling the carrot' my arse.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All that shows is that many clueless fuckwits watch cricket on the internet.
I've been watching cricket for 42 years and whilst I may be a clueless fuckwit about many things in life, cricket is not one of them.

That said, there are always different schools of thought in the game and lot of hindsight answers.

Had Sussex had Worcester 200-6 no-one would have thought the declaration poor.

Sussex have not bowled well and Worcestershire have batted well. If they win, they deserve it. But Sussex gave themselves every opportunity to, at a minimum, but a lid on it.

450 runs in a day. Good value.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I've been watching cricket for 42 years and whilst I may be a clueless fuckwit about many things in life, cricket is not one of them.

That said, there are always different schools of thought in the game and lot of hindsight answers.

Had Sussex had Worcester 200-6 no-one would have thought the declaration poor.

Sussex have not bowled well and Worcestershire have batted well. If they win, they deserve it. But Sussex gave themselves every opportunity to, at a minimum, but a lid on it.

Why give them the chance?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why give them the chance?
More about giving Sussex plenty of time to bowl them out and push for a win. The runs were needed at almost five an over (no field restrictions). Fourth day pitch. Sussex have not managed this well. But giving Worcester a sniff was not a bad thing (at the time).

Quote of the day from Adrian 'This is worth having your dinner in the dog's bowl for'

It's been a splendid four days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
5,000 folk watching on the stream now.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Why give them the chance of 16 points - when they are our rivals for 2nd spot ?
There are other teams around the same points total, we should be trying to get as many points as possible, not inch our way to promotion by the odd bonus point here or there.
To be clear, I said at the time of the declaration that I didn't think the required run rate was very steep, but I've no problem with offering a chance to the other team in order to manufacture an opportunity to win ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here