Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
No Finn today which is a little concerning. According to the SCCC site, "Steve Finn will be rested after suffering inflammation of the knee following his efforts at Derbyshire last week"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This must be our weakest bowling lineup for some time. 2 of them are only contracted with us for a month!

It's incredible to think that none of these bowlers would be in our first choice attack. We're missing Archer, Robinson, Finn, Garton, FHP, Carson and Ibrahim - that's a first choice attack and a couple of reserves.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
It's incredible to think that none of these bowlers would be in our first choice attack. We're missing Archer, Robinson, Finn, Garton, FHP, Carson and Ibrahim - that's a first choice attack and a couple of reserves.

I get that but Archer hasn't and won't play CC for Sussex much if at all and Robinson will barely play as with England. Without those two it is weak

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

It’s ok having them “on the books” but Archer and Robbo were never expected to play much/at all and some of the longer term injuries came out of the blue (or were announced just after ST sales had closed!) just before the season was due to start. Ibrahim’s fall was unlucky and at best it’s 1 in 2 (?) for Finn.

So it’s back to the kids and cast offs to lead the attack.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Robbo will play more games than people think - he's not a shoo-in for England at all. There's no way that Anderson and Broad will be dropped after the WI kerfuffle, Wood was the most impressive bowler in the Ashes, Woakes will always be picked in England for his batting and then there's Stokes. England are not going to play six seamers so I expect to see Robbo released to go back to Sussex an awful lot.

And I didn't mention Archer - he'll be keen to get back into the set-up but will have to prove his fitness first. I expect to see at least one game for Sussex .., and that pushes Robbo further down the pecking order

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A couple of decent batters in means will now draw a few games we would of lost. Always knew unlikely to see much of Archer and Robinson. Garton always injury prone. Finn only played 2/3 4 day games last season so no surprise gone down after 2 games. FDH is an average county player who is only a 3rd or 4th seamer but will never bowl sides out. The farce from last season is continuing

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It’s ok having them “on the books” but Archer and Robbo were never expected to play much/at all and some of the longer term injuries came out of the blue (or were announced just after ST sales had closed!) just before the season was due to start. Ibrahim’s fall was unlucky and at best it’s 1 in 2 (?) for Finn.

So it’s back to the kids and cast offs to lead the attack.

Well, Robinson is only an England test player. He’ll be available for a few more County Championship games. England’s first test this summer is June, so we’ve got Robbo until then. He was technically available for Derbyshire and Worcestershire, but has a dental problem. He’ll be playing next week if fit and for the next month.

The annoying thing with Robinson is his involvement in the Hundred. He somehow has a premium ‘icon’ pick (whatever the hell that means) despite his white ball record. So that means no Robinson for the Royal London cup games in August. We might get some Robbo action for the last two CC games in September though.

As for Archer you’re absolutely right. Don’t expect to see much of him again. England will use Sussex at their convenience as and when they want Archer’s fitness built up. I imagine a handful of blast games before the Hundred.

Another injured bowler for Sussex and not mentioned yet is Sean Hunt. Averages 37 per wicket aged 20… has potential and would be getting played if fit right now.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I could score runs against this lot - and I haven't played for 25 years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worcestershire 491 a.o.

Sussex 0-1 Orr out golden duck.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This thread looks like its going to make depressing reading this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here