Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The strange thing is we took apart their highly accomplished top order for buttons.
I remember from last year that notts don’t do tails though. Their number 11, Fletcher, has butchered us in the past, I recall. So it wasn’t a major failure that their lower order destroyed us.
Ah well, a scrap of hope followed by major disappointment. It’s good to be back.

PS
Notts are in div 2 for a reason , yes, but a very unusual one. They had a poor season in 2019, then covid came and everything changed. Last year they were the third best team in the country but the divisional structure is based on 2019 finishes. So on more recent form , they should be no where near div two.

I did take a look at their team and wondered what they were doing in our league. So I think a thumping defeat here is a bit of a false flag. Decent bowling attack for this level too.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I did take a look at their team and wondered what they were doing in our league. So I think a thumping defeat here is a bit of a false flag. Decent bowling attack for this level too.

Also, Add rizwan , pujara and Robinson.
Take out crocombe, Carter and Alsop and it’s a different story.
Even without them we still competed for two days or so.
Finn looks good.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Finn looks good.

Quite. I certainly wouldn't make judgements on this match. It's a bit like a 3-0 defeat against Liverpool.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Credit to you all. Sound so much like one of Ian Salisbury reports

The default position is that Sussex are not a strong side. The batting looks like it has possibilities. The bowling is wanting.

Notts are not a barometer. They should be upstairs. Strong batting, a quality opening bowling attack.

Derbyshire next will be more a measure.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The default position is that Sussex are not a strong side. The batting looks like it has possibilities. The bowling is wanting.

Notts are not a barometer. They should be upstairs. Strong batting, a quality opening bowling attack.

Derbyshire next will be more a measure.

Thought it was Durham? D'oh!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Finn looks good.

FHP and Garton too - that considerably strengthens the batting

I thought that was a really decent performance against a team far too good for this division.

We took them to the final session on the fourth day, with half the team missing AND a batter down

For the next game, we'll have Pujara, Rizwan, Robbo (I hope) and Garton. We still have FHP and Carson to come back (and let's hope Ibrahim's not out for long).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
FHP and Garton too - that considerably strengthens the batting

I thought that was a really decent performance against a team far too good for this division.

We took them to the final session on the fourth day, with half the team missing AND a batter down

For the next game, we'll have Pujara, Rizwan, Robbo (I hope) and Garton. We still have FHP and Carson to come back (and let's hope Ibrahim's not out for long).

Garton back next game ? Great .
Salisbury said fhp is out for months and ibrahim weeks .
If we ever play our full strength team it is easily promotion quality . We were without at least four of our best for this one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
New Road today. And doubtless a pleasant place to be.

No rowing boat needed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is there any news on Robbo & Garton?

Robbo has a dental problem. Not sure what that means but Sussex hope to have him back for Durham. Garton? Dunno, no idea when he's back, it doesn't sound good.

I think FHP and Ibrahim are out for some time too, although Carson should be back next month

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pollack seems to think it's a one-dayer.

A long day of leather chasing lies ahead

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
now 92/2 as Tom Haines gets both openers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here