Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was accused of being too pessimistic when I said that Sussex's batting wasn't up to it. But they scored 285 over two innings, with Pujara scoring 95 of them. Orr got 68, so he can hold his head up but that's a poor show. Our selection didn't help. FHP (with a F/C average of 24 is not a no 3) and why no Ibrahim?

I also said that we'd lose in two days ... and if we'd batted first, we would have done.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Was in a meeting after lunch so couldn't watch. Put on the stream once I had finished and assumed the stream had hung until I rewind out and realised we had capitulated again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing I don't understand is that we knew last week that Haines and Alsop were out (and that Rizwan had gone to play tests); why on earth didn't we try to get a batter on short term loan? We've been nabbing bowlers all season. Our top seven had just two players over 21 (and two of them tailenders who can bat a bit), that's putting a lot of responsibility on a bunch of kids.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We've also had an England bowler missing all season (and two others missing most of the season). Our main spinner has also been out all season and we've had several other young bowlers missing through injury.

There's a lot of work to do on our bowlers but we've not had much luck this year

Trouble is people making decisions will believe it is yet another year of bad luck and not make changes needed. Its just jobs for the boys for however long you want and doesnt matter about results as we are still on a long term project

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Massive change is needed

I don't think massive change is needed - those kids are very promising - but it was too much throwing them into an unforgiving arena as Trent Bridge. We just should have borrowed another batter while Haines is out

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I don't think massive change is needed - those kids are very promising - but it was too much throwing them into an unforgiving arena as Trent Bridge. We just should have borrowed another batter while Haines is out

Dont forget we have been hearing excuses now for 2/3 years. All is perfect from those running the club. Hopefully new chairman will make decisions but must be remembered he has been mates with Kirtley, Salisbury, Andrews and Greenfield for many years

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex fielding first at Notts today in the 50 over cup.

Decent stream on YouTube from Notts

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No Robbo: injured again?

Four extras within the first two overs is not a good start

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
49/3 from 13.5 overs

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Can't think why England have issues with their fast bowlers when they call someone up after 1 game back

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just found out that it's the 158th anniversary of the start of the first ever international cricket match. Anyone know, without Googling, which two countries played it?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I've just found out that it's the 158th anniversary of the start of the first ever international cricket match. Anyone know, without Googling, which two countries played it?

USA v Canada

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex well on course for their expected drubbing. I'll be surprised if we get within a 100 of the Notts total

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here