Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Is the New Zealand game being live streamed?

If it is, all you will see this morning are the covers as it is pouring with rain down here at the moment

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Am I getting old or did we not have these problems with our 'quicks' in the past? Can't remember Kirtley or Lewry being out injured for long... :down:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Am I getting old or did we not have these problems with our 'quicks' in the past? Can't remember Kirtley or Lewry being out injured for long... :down:
I think they are diagnosed and treated differently these days. Previously you were expected to play through the pain.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Got in The Watchmakers at 1pm
Cricket cancelled at 2pm
What time will we leave here?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Got in The Watchmakers at 1pm
Cricket cancelled at 2pm
What time will we leave here?

Sat there from 12.30 watching the ground staff stand about for most of the time, then the sun came out beautiful day took my jumper off just as they abandoned play FFS! I thought they might have waited another hour ?

Jul 20, 2003
Lovely afternoon here in Hove. Has been for quite a while.

Eating picnic at home watching golf on TV.

:shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Robindon is probably the most unfit fastish bowler ever!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Robindon is probably the most unfit fastish bowler ever!!

Can't remember him having many issues till England called him up.

But it's not as if there seems to issues for any other England fast bowlers

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Probably the worst day of cricket I've ever seen.
Positives were Harvey's was good, weather was nice, Robinson looked fit and Rizwan's catch was excellent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Probably the worst day of cricket I've ever seen.
Positives were Harvey's was good, weather was nice, Robinson looked fit and Rizwan's catch was excellent.

Yes, appalling. £30 - £35 for watching the equivalent of an after work friendly (chaps, please retire if you get over 50) but I had some additional positives, namely being back at the County Ground for the first time since Covid, meeting a mate from the old Goldstone North Stand days who is here for the weekend from abroad and having to leave early to walk dog and do dinner (as a proportion of the entry fee this was actually value compared to watching the Sussex "bowlers" toil).

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
A big concern for me is will touring sides still come to us if it carries on like this?
We always seem to have friendlies against touring sides, if they get such a half arsed, unchallenging game will they still up and if not can we cope without the money they generate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here