Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
2. Looked him up to confirm his dad was Neil. Which is nice.

I sat in front of his dad and grandad at the Middlesex one-dayer last year - it's fair to say that there were pretty excited about him. It was good to see that two old pros were maintaining their enthusiasm.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This pair seem to have been in for about three days now…

Frustrating day so far, Albion and this.

Come on Sussex!!

Jul 20, 2003
Hmm.

With all the football stuff I'd rather lost track of how our easy victory was going.

Grrr.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We seem to be able to knock over the first 5 or 6 wickets cheaply but then run out of steam/ideas.

Jul 20, 2003
Archer out for the season.

Stress fracture in back.

Not a huge surprise but sad news none the less.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Stress fracture in back.

Very sad news. Terrible for him and for Sussex (not so bothered about England).

Good post above about psychological impact on him and need for good support.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Very sad news. Terrible for him and for Sussex (not so bothered about England).

Good post above about psychological impact on him and need for good support.

My lad suffered the same injury last season during Bunbury trials, and although he felt OK in himself (and I suspect Jofra does too) the physios take a real "softly-softly" approach with this injury, and Jofra will be very well looked after if its our medical team doing the rehab. The "behind the scenes" care and support at Sussex has been exemplary with my lad over the last few months (and thats just an academy player) - but they definitely wont be rushing anyone back until they're 110% sure the injury has healed fully.
I see that a couple of other England players have also been diagnosed with the same injury...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stress fracture in back.

Poor fella, he's been dogged by injury almost as soon as he came on the scene. I hope this is not career threatening but, he may have to remodel his action or slow down a bit and look for more swing and seam.

Not sure if his career will last as an out and out express bowler.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My lad suffered the same injury last season during Bunbury trials, and although he felt OK in himself (and I suspect Jofra does too) the physios take a real "softly-softly" approach with this injury, and Jofra will be very well looked after if its our medical team doing the rehab. The "behind the scenes" care and support at Sussex has been exemplary with my lad over the last few months (and thats just an academy player) - but they definitely wont be rushing anyone back until they're 110% sure the injury has healed fully.
I see that a couple of other England players have also been diagnosed with the same injury...

Blimey, I didn't know about that, although thinking about it, I'd not seen him in any of the club line-ups this season.

Wishing Frankie well and hope he recovers fully

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't help but feel that England are partially responsible for this, continually over-bowling Jofra in test matches, both reducing his impact (making him bowl mid to high 80s mph, not 90+) and risking this sort of injury.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Blimey, I didn't know about that, although thinking about it, I'd not seen him in any of the club line-ups this season.

Wishing Frankie well and hope he recovers fully

Cheers Max. Yep, did it last June / July up at Harrow - and couldn't start bowling again til about November in the nets. Was a very slow, methodical process with the physios (and hes had to change his bowling action slightly because of it) but its all sorted now.
Hes moved to B&H in the PL this season (which is why he wont be on any LPCC team sheets!), & took 2 wickets in his debut - but he broke 2 fingers taking a catch in Sussex training a few weeks ago and needed emergency surgery....so will be out another 3 or 4 weeks still. Its been a stop-start few months tbh! Frustrating :down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cheers Max. Yep, did it last June / July up at Harrow - and couldn't start bowling again til about November in the nets. Was a very slow, methodical process with the physios (and hes had to change his bowling action slightly because of it) but its all sorted now.
Hes moved to B&H in the PL this season (which is why he wont be on any LPCC team sheets!), & took 2 wickets in his debut - but he broke 2 fingers taking a catch in Sussex training a few weeks ago and needed emergency surgery....so will be out another 3 or 4 weeks still. Its been a stop-start few months tbh! Frustrating :down:

Ah, that's why I haven't seen him!

Hope the fingers heal quickly - they can be a real pain to fix.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is the New Zealand game being live streamed?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is the New Zealand game being live streamed?

How to watch

All four days of the action will be livestreamed and is available via our Matchday Centre, where you can also find ball-by-ball updates, stats and highlights in real-time. Play is due to begin at 11:00am tomorrow.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram i

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here