Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Survival Sunday

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Staying up is worth celebrating, of course it is. I don't think their celebrations should be quite as wild as perhaps they were, all things considered... Do you atleast understand what I'm saying? Lose a game and invade the pitch in celebration?

NO, Sorry I don't understand what your saying it sounds like garbage to me.:bla:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
why the hell were the Geordie clapping their lot after that performance it was clear that the players didn't give two hoots. They should have been booing at the end like it was the end of the world

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
argus.php

:lolol: :bigwave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
NO, Sorry I don't understand what your saying it sounds like garbage to me.:bla:

I'm not too suprised you don't understand, I didn't think you would. ???

Element, we won and I didn't invade the pitch... so that should probably answer your question.

Congratulations to Hull and Sunderland, it's better to be lucky than gifted at times. It's funny how all the teams who went into todays games needing to win, all lost! I find that quite ironic really, the crap teams in the Prem really have been bloody rubbish this season. Robbie Keane scored at Anfield aswell I see! :lolol:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Shearer how do you feel? Shearer, Shearer how do you feel?

Brilliant:lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

Element, we won and I didn't invade the pitch... so that should probably answer your question.

Congratulations to Hull and Sunderland, it's better to be lucky than gifted at times. It's funny how all the teams who went into todays games needing to win, all lost! I find that quite ironic really, the crap teams in the Prem really have been bloody rubbish this season. Robbie Keane scored at Anfield aswell I see! :lolol:

I'll put it another way...

If, for example, Brighton need a result, in a future season, on the last day of said season, and we play shit and only draw, but other results go our way and we survive, would you, out of relief, invade the pitch?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

Element, we won and I didn't invade the pitch... so that should probably answer your question.:

Well a team like Hull have managed to stay in the premiership against all the odds so whether they lost or won today its an achievement, you only need to look where hull have been in the last 10 years to know how much it must mean to them.:bla:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
n558516637_2280472_3681082.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll put it another way...

If, for example, Brighton need a result, in a future season, on the last day of said season, and we play shit and only draw, but other results go our way and we survive, would you, out of relief, invade the pitch?

Honestly, no. I wouldn't invade the pitch, I would be bloody delighted and relieved that we'd stayed up, but I wouldn't be celebrating at great lengths, I don't think there's a great deal of dignity or purpose in that.
Unless we'd fought back from massive adversity, then it might be different. This season we ended up amazingly, winning game after game and getting a brilliant result at Huddersfield, we stayed up because we finished brilliantly and that's something to celebrate. But my point is that Hull finished the season losing every game and getting a draw at Bolton, I personally don't think I'd be in any great rush to celebrate that. Am I just being too rational and detached from emotion? I think I'm just being honest and clear in thought.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Honestly, no. I wouldn't invade the pitch, I would be bloody delighted and relieved that we'd stayed up, but I wouldn't be celebrating at great lengths, I don't think there's a great deal of dignity or purpose in that.
Unless we'd fought back from massive adversity, then it might be different. This season we ended up amazingly, winning game after game and getting a brilliant result at Huddersfield, we stayed up because we finished brilliantly and that's something to celebrate. But my point is that Hull finished the season losing every game and getting a draw at Bolton, I personally don't think I'd be in any great rush to celebrate that. Am I just being too rational and detached from emotion? I think I'm just being honest and clear in thought.

Everything you say is irrelevant- HULL ARE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE NEXT SEASON, that is ALL that matters.:O

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got to say, they are absolutely going to be there to be shot at next season.

They will be the biggest club in that league by MILES. I suspect their rehabilitation at least partly depends on whether they suffer from Leeds United Syndrome- by that I mean they consider the other teams to be beneath them, rather than being financially up shit creek.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here