Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Survival Sunday

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Credit to the fans though, they've stuck with them.

Well it's a bit of a waste of money not to seeing as they all have season tickets up there...

Lets see what the crowds are next season mind you.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Serves them right. No sympathy.

totally agree... i mean how many chances did they have in the first 20 mins... just inept if you ask me...and is owen injured or what ?? just curious as to why he was on bench ??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
19-0.jpg

Start out at St James Park Stadium, Tyne And Wear

A189 0.14 Bear right onto the A189 Signposted Gateshead

0.34 At Hadrians Wall Junction continue forward onto the A189 Signposted Gateshead

A6082 0.71 Bear left onto the A6082

1.17 Redheugh Bridge (Junction with A184)

A184 1.40 Continue forward onto the A184

A1 2.44 Branch left, then merge onto the A1 Signposted The South

6.04 | Angel of the North

A1(M) 7.50 Continue forward onto the A1(M) Signposted The South

A1 42.12 Continue forward onto the A1 Signposted The South

A1(M) 64.95 At Junction 49 continue forward onto the A1(M) Signposted The South

A1 81.12 Continue forward onto the A1

A1(M) 86.58 Continue forward onto the A1(M)Signposted The South

89.80 Leave the A1(M) at junction 44, then join the A1(M) motorway Signposted The South

M62 97.71 Branch left, then join the M62 motorway

M18 111.61 Leave the M62 at junction 35, then join the M18 motorway Signposted The South

M180 118.66 Leave the M18 at junction 5, then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the M180 Signposted Scunthorpe

M181 130.55 Branch left, then join the M181 motorway Signposted Scunthorpe West and Centre

A18 133.16 At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A18 Signposted Scunthorpe

133.40 At roundabout take the 3rd exit Signposted Glanford Park

133.51 Turn right

133.53 Arrive at Glanford Park Stadium, Scunthorpe
Section time 2:23, Total time 2:23

42-0.jpg

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Credit to the fans though, they've stuck with them.

You have to admire their support.

But, why on earth did they applaud their players off after that pitiful display? That's taking support too far in my eyes.

Never mind Ashley, the players should take most of the blame for the relegation.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The most spineless end-of-season display- if you exclude our capitulation a few seasons back, can't remember who we were playing but we got thrashed at home- in my memory was from Carlisle United at Withdean. They needed a result to ensure their safety, but at no point during the game did their players look like they gave a shit. Bearing in mind their fans had travelled all the way down from Cumbria to support them, the display put on by their players was utterly shameful.

We beat them easily and they stayed up by virtue of other results, and I remember thinking if I was one of their fans, while being happy to stay up, I would be absolutely mortified if our players turned in a show like that in a game they needed to win. I would feel like booing them for their lack of effort.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That is the most GUTLESS display I have ever seen (McGhee's Albion excluded), truly awful from Newcastle...

I only turned over to the Newcastle game for the last 5 mins + stoppage time hoping to see some exciting football with Newcastle throwing everything at Villa but they were rubbish, They did'nt look like a team fighting to stay up they looked more like a team that had allready accepted relegation.

I enjoyed watching the fat Newcastle fan crying though.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
see you newcastle...im off to another club...guy called bloom is interested in offering me bloody good deal !!!

xin_04090202092538112821.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Newcastle were awful. :(

So disappointing, the change to 4-3-3 was a tactical disaster from Shearer, they were well in the game at 4-4-2 and changing the shape just played into Villa's hands. I'm so disappointed they've gone down, but I look forward to seeing them in the Championship next season. They've been rubbish all season and it just goes to further strengthen the phrase, "you're never too good to go down".

Hull fans amaze me, I would be embarrased to celebrate a defeat to be honest. I know our own celebrations after Stockport were *slightly* overexxagerated, but we won the actual match and we'd been brilliant for weeks beforehand too. Hull have been crap all year and lost the match today, and yet they invade the pitch! :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
newcasfan0108pa_784726c.jpg

Cheer up Geordies, it's not all bad.

You'll be keeping Championship pie-sellers in business next season. Think of the economic recovery!

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

So disappointing, the change to 4-3-3 was a tactical disaster from Shearer, they were well in the game at 4-4-2 and changing the shape just played into Villa's hands. I'm so disappointed they've gone down, but I look forward to seeing them in the Championship next season. They've been rubbish all season and it just goes to further strengthen the phrase, "you're never too good to go down".

Hull fans amaze me, I would be embarrased to celebrate a defeat to be honest. I know our own celebrations after Stockport were *slightly* overexxagerated, but we won the actual match and we'd been brilliant for weeks beforehand too. Hull have been crap all year and lost the match today, and yet they invade the pitch! :laugh:

What a plank, irrelevant of the result the most important thing was staying up and they did that:wozza:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, come on mate think about it... you've just lost to a reserve team and have stayed up on 35 points! Is that something to invade the pitch about? Yes, they've stayed up and woo hoo, but I personally wouldn't be overly proud of such an escape...

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

The difference being that at the beginning of the season we were expecting promotion whereas nobody gave Hull a hope of survival, so they've exceeded expectations, and really they have every right to celebrate, imo.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
article-1048789-0265875D00000578-0_468x286.jpg

Chin up, Cheryl.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The difference being that at the beginning of the season we were expecting promotion whereas nobody gave Hull a hope of survival, so they've exceeded expectations, and really they have every right to celebrate, imo.

Staying up is worth celebrating, of course it is. I don't think their celebrations should be quite as wild as perhaps they were, all things considered... Do you atleast understand what I'm saying? Lose a game and invade the pitch in celebration?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good god, Phil Brown's singing the Beach Boys on the KC Stadium microphone :ohmy:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Staying up is worth celebrating, of course it is. I don't think their celebrations should be quite as wild as perhaps they were, all things considered...

They are HULL, in the Premier League.

They have been a nothing club for YEARS.

Get a grip with reality.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
No, come on mate think about it... you've just lost to a reserve team and have stayed up on 35 points! Is that something to invade the pitch about? Yes, they've stayed up and woo hoo, but I personally wouldn't be overly proud of such an escape...

So if you were up Withdean on the last day of the season and we played shit but got a draw and escaped relegation, you wouldn't invade the pitch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here