Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Nah, we're gonna fall short :(

Votes: 33 31.1%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gonna be damned close, but starting with 3 points at Coventry next week, we will make it to safety............................just.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
We were never going to finish much higher than 19th and thats good enough for me.

We will pick up points but I suspect from unlikely games such as Burnley.

Look at those teams around us. They are all playing each other and as long as the results are positive for one team it means that Cardiff and Gillingham will join Rotherham.

I wonder what its like to have nothing to play for by the end of February?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I think we'll stay up but it will go almost right down to the wire.
Got accosted in Churchill Square on Friday, out shopping the family, by an Albion fan complianing about the negative aspect of Monday night's phone-in, I replied that everyone is entitled to their opinion and more to the point had he been asleep for most of the game?
The neutral, and a number of Albion fans to boot, have already written us off but I'm confident of draws at Coventry and Burnley, and wins against Rotherham and the Hammers or Leicester, meaning that by the time the tracotr Boys arrive on the 8th May we should be just about safe.
Mark McGhee has worked miracles, he's really been up against it, he almost had Carl Asaba in the bag on Thursday but in the end it came down to money.
Which again highlights a possible communication problem, how much money is left in the 40 Note fund? Could they have helped out?
Perhaps if the club had asked early in the week for one off donations for the specific use of signing Asaba or another recognised striker fans might have rallied round.
I certainly would have put some money up.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yes, very gutting in light of the fact that he didn't go anywhere and its highly likely that he will sit out the rest of the season kicking his heels in the stiffs at Stoke.
Clearly he is the kind of player that would have got us goals, lets hope the strikers we currently have will do exactly that.
Re the 40Note fund does anyone know how much is left in it?
Over to you LARGE ONE

zego

Jul 10, 2003
tealeaves say:

Phew!
15 Leicester 55
16 BHA 54
17 Plymouth 54
18 Crewe 53
19 Watford 53
20 Cardiff 51
21 Gillingham 49

Agh!
22 Coventry 49
23 Forest 45
24 Rotherham 30

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think as long as we don't lose at Coventry we'll stay up. Think a win or draw at Highfield road and we'll win at least one more home game, as well as away to Rotheram.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
do coventry have any players on international duty.........i know lesta have a couple...........and gillespie would be pretty knackered after last night and a trip to poland...;)

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Cannot believe how many people have almost given up already. Obviously its tight but we are above bottom 3 and I think we will pick up points perhaps when we don't expect to. Given our form this season how about a point at Preston for instance?
The players have tremendous team spirit and don't give up.

The worst thing is we thought we were safe a few weeks ago so thought of relegation has shaken everyone.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Staying positive for the moment, we still have seven games to turn it round. However, if we loose to Coventry i'll be very very worried.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Staying up, IMHO i think we can do it. We always seem to remeber to play properly when the pressure is on.:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here