Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Survival/relegation thread - MAKE YOUR JUDGEMENT

Survival or relegation?

• Yep, we'll make it - phew!

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Nah, we're gonna fall short :(

Votes: 33 31.1%

• Total voters

OK, deadline day has passed, we now know the cards McGhee has to play with in these last 7 games - time for everyone to make their best judgment, on the balance of probabilities, whether we're staying up or not.

Shock horror, I reckon we'll get the two wins or the one win/few draws we need to survive, but what do YOU think?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Down, I fear ... I think 7 points is the minimum, and I can see us struggling to get that. If we are to survive, I think it'll be a last-day thingy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think we'll do it - just.

Charlie and particular Alexis need to get back some of that form they showed earlier on in the season.

Carpenter will be back.

.. and you'll like this LI, Virgo needs to play up front for the remainder of the season (and not get sent off)

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
8 points from 7 games is too much an ask for a team that has relied on 1-0 all season, at this rate I don't see another clean sheet in us :nono:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Heart says stay up, but unfortunately head says down due to having noone scoring regularily.

Hope the heart is right.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I fear the worst. The Coventry game is massive. If we can avoid defeat then I think we will stay up but it will be close.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think we will stay up. Hinsh's injury is a huge blow both for the rest of this season and a lot of next (as well as for the guy himself obviously) but I think the players are too determined to let us fail again.

And as they have shown on numerous occasions this season, they ARE good enough.

:clap2: :clap: :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cereal Killer said:
It will be close, VERY close. It is to close to call so that is all I will say about it.

Can I share your fence?

Attilio the Hun said:
Some great results . . . among the overwhelming dross.
And a tough run-in.

Cheerio. :wave:

Can I copy and paste this for a Palace thread? ;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO the players have just about used up all their stocks of adrenalin for the time being, what with raising their game for a large number of highly-unlikely wins against superior-on-paper opposition this season. They seem to me to be just plain knackered (hence the sudden spate of non-contact injuries). A bit of a break, a couple of new faces keen to stake their claim and we'll be nicely set up for the traditional death-or-glory charge to the line. When the going gets tough, the Albion get going. As it were.

Keep The Faith! :thumbsup:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I think there are two (after Rotherham) teams in the division worse than Brighton.

I really hope you guys stay up.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
IMHO the players have just about used up all their stocks of adrenalin for the time being, what with raising their game for a large number of highly-unlikely wins against superior-on-paper opposition this season. They seem to me to be just plain knackered (hence the sudden spate of non-contact injuries). A bit of a break, a couple of new faces keen to stake their claim and we'll be nicely set up for the traditional death-or-glory charge to the line. When the going gets tough, the Albion get going. As it were.

Keep The Faith! :thumbsup:

Nail head on hit the

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here