Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Surrey County Cricket Club vs Sussex County Cricket Club *** Offical Match Thread

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Its been like that for a while now.

It's a loose agreement with the ECB that Sussex don't always play him as a wicket keeper, to give him some rest. As he's one of England's best batsman anyway, it's hardly a problem.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
221/2 Joyce 59* Wells 117* (Cricinfo seems to have gone to sleep)

Interesting to note that Matt Prior is not keeping wicket so is in the side as a batsman.

And byes (14) was the 7th highest scorer in the "Darlings" 1st innings.

Do you still regularly drive down through Alfold en route from Guildford College? Thought you might like to know that our village pub (The Crown) had its change of use to domestic dwellings approved by Waverley BC last week. 82 objections, 3 supporting; pub ruined over the past 6 years by Greene King's rediculous tie arrangements, even Enterprise Inns are better than that shower.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Breaking News

Joyce , (not our captain) , from the Vale of Beaver has made some lovely cupcakes and Tims wearing a long sleeved wooly jumper.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
It's a loose agreement with the ECB that Sussex don't always play him as a wicket keeper, to give him some rest. As he's one of England's best batsman anyway, it's hardly a problem.
That's interesting, I always wondered why we did that. No matter, as you say Prior is a fine batsman and Ben Brown is a more than adequate keeper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cricinfo missed the first 4.4 overs. What happened - I overslept? Dog ate my homework??

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The batting line up does seem much more solid without Murray Goodwin failing regularly at no.3 or 4. He batted on at least 1 season too many in my opinion.

A line up of

Nash
Wells
Yardy
Joyce
Prior
RHB
Brown
Jordan

Certainly looks solid... Yardy is the only one in poor form.

The batting line up does seem much more solid without Murray Goodwin failing regularly at no.3 or 4. He batted on at least 1 season too many in my opinion.

A line up of

Nash
Wells
Yardy
Joyce
Prior
RHB
Brown
Jordan

Certainly looks solid... Yardy is the only one in poor form.

The 'Goff seems to know which end to hold the bat too.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In fact of this 12:

1. Chris Nash
2. Luke Wells
3. Mike Yardy
4. Ed Joyce
5. Matt Prior
6. Rory Hamilton-Brown
7. Ben Brown
8. Luke Wright
9. Chris Jordan
10. James Anyon
11. Steve McGoffin
12. Monty Panesar

You'd have a squad capable of playing in most conditions.

I'd argue that if he's not performing you could go without Mike Yardy and play the others. Plenty of batting, and Luke Wright can hopefully bat and bowl a little.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Breaking News

Joyce , (not our captain) , from the Vale of Beaver has made some lovely cupcakes and Tims wearing a long sleeved wooly jumper.

Good of the commentator to leave the mike to pick up a text message there. Very professional.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Those pinging noises are tweets coming in to [MENTION=22074]Surrey[/MENTION]Cricket - try it, it's fun to send one and hear you own personal ping.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Breaking News

Vale Of Beaver! At least he's not from Gobbler's Gulch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here