Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely We Must be Able to Sign A Better Midfielder Than El-Abd

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I do think Hammond goes missing though and this contributes to El-Abd charging around trying to do to much and making mistakes.

He did on Tuesday night (Hammond) a few times until extra time. It was El Abd who made the mistake that gave away the free kick leading to the goal.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Okay... And Gerrard, Lampard etc never do that?

Well Lampard does it all the time ...

Anyhoo, it's hard to believe we've started the season with El Abd in the middle. We'll have slightly less than zero chance of making the play-offs if he isn't replaced sharpish. He's barely even a footballer, let alone a midfielder.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
remind me...wasn't el abd the one who called everyone in the south stand "f***ing wankers" etc etc

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always been a big fan of El-Abd. Hard as GIRDERS. Having said that, he seemed more effective in the Championship when he was just out the youth team. Seems to have regressed slightly in the lower division. No idea why. Seems a bit more of a con-artist nowadays than he ever was before. Still a big fan, mind. Good man to have in the trenches, and may yet grow into the new Danny Cullip. At the very least, we'll need him when Butters is no longer there. Cos the rest of the defence/midfield are SOFTEES in comparison.

Adam El-Abd
He's not bad! :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
remind me...wasn't el abd the one who called everyone in the south stand "f***ing wankers" etc etc

True, but I am not going to hold that against him. Wasn't it linked to the abuse that Robinson and Cox got and the continued abuse through out the afternoon?

I would rather someone reacted to that than brushed it off and disappeared in a sports car at the end of a game and forgot about it (a la England team etc).

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Always been a big fan of El-Abd. Hard as GIRDERS. Having said that, he seemed more effective in the Championship when he was just out the youth team. Seems to have regressed slightly in the lower division. No idea why. Seems a bit more of a con-artist nowadays than he ever was before. Still a big fan, mind. Good man to have in the trenches, and may yet grow into the new Danny Cullip. At the very least, we'll need him when Butters is no longer there. Cos the rest of the defence/midfield are SOFTEES in comparison.

Adam El-Abd
He's not bad! :thumbsup:

Have to agree

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
if everyone was truthful we haven't really got a midfield at all..i'd say we need 2 at least just to make us competitive and maybe stop the other teams just running thru us all the time

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
if everyone was truthful we haven't really got a midfield at all..i'd say we need 2 at least just to make us competitive and maybe stop the other teams just running thru us all the time

Long ball up to Forster then. Dreary season of Hoof 'n Hope on the cards. Oh well. See you all Saturday.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh good, let's all slag off a player who has come from the youth team and is playing some quality football.

El Abd is a good defensive midfilder. Fact. End of.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Long ball up to Forster then. Dreary season of Hoof 'n Hope on the cards. Oh well. See you all Saturday.

Weren't we playing like that ioce we had signed Bas last season ??
now with Forster we will see more of this as we do not have a playmaker who can make a telling pass....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
now with Forster we will see more of this as we do not have a playmaker who can make a telling pass....

Would like to think that Jake could whip in some smart crosses from the wing for Forster, or maybe even Revell, to get on the end of. But as Jake's not a Wilkins favourite, for reasons unknown, his opportunities could be limited in that direction.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Would like to think that Jake could whip in some smart crosses from the wing for Forster, or maybe even Revell, to get on the end of. But as Jake's not a Wilkins favourite, for reasons unknown, his opportunities could be limited in that direction.

With Cox on the opposite wing. El Abd or Frazer in the middle with Hammond.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
At the very least, we'll need him when Butters is no longer there. Cos the rest of the defence/midfield are SOFTEES in comparison.

Tommy Elphick will be Butt's replacement when he finally stands down. He is doing really well.

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
It was El Abd who made the mistake that gave away the free kick leading to the goal.

I think El-Abd is useless, but to be fair to him it was never a foul, it happened right in front of the Cardiff fans and not a single one of them appealed for a foul

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tommy Elphick will be Butt's replacement when he finally stands down. He is doing really well.

I know he's doing really well. But he has neither the TUFFNESS of El-Abd, nor the, er, BUTT of Butts.

Need a big clogger in there to command things. Can't see T.Elphick fulfuilling that role, now or anytime in the future. No disrespect to the lad in any shape or form, but that's not what he's about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here