Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you need to ask El Presidente then. I to am saying even though it was 'agreed' it was only a percentage. Please feel free to issue proceedings.
It's not up to me to issue proceedings, idiot.

Please provide evidence for your libellous allegations against the albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I blame Stat Brother. Starting a thread on those shitbags and NSC becomes INFESTED. **** sake.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In a nutshell, the crux of the difference is that BHAFC, through dialogue with its then creditors, came to a mutually agreed arrangement with them over settling the debts owed.

Whereas Palace’s creditors received a letter from an insolvency practitioner telling them that 98% of the money that they were owed would unfortunately have to be written off. Sorry about that.

(Twice)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
In a nutshell, the crux of the difference is that BHAFC, through dialogue with its then creditors, came to a mutually agreed arrangement with them over settling the debts owed.

Whereas Palace’s creditors received a letter from an insolvency practitioner telling them that 98% of the money that they were owed would unfortunately have to be written off. Sorry about that.

(Twice)

I could have this bit wrong, but I'm sure there was a select group of creditors, who had the extra special treat of still being owed their 2% from the first administration, when the club went pop again, and thus got a final settlement of 0.04 pence in the pound.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There's no evidence as such because it didn't reach court . It happened just accept it and get off your moral high ground . No one said it was a penny in the pound just not the full amount .

As you are fully aware of the dealings, can you tell us was this a down payment and the balance paid in installments?
You lot do seem to know more about our finances than the fact, you did not pay all your Ambulance debts. strange that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I blame Stat Brother. Starting a thread on those shitbags and NSC becomes INFESTED. **** sake.
TBH I didn't think they'd show.
Having far to much self respect to appear on our forum when they are currently worse than Villa.

It just shows, once again, how little i know.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
BHA came to an 'agreement' with creditors, these agreements are usually take it as the only other option is to go bust.

Your point indicates the difference in the cases. If this oft mentioned agreement did occur, it presumably occurred after 1993 when Mark Beeney was told 'You're going to Leeds or we're going bust.' Any creditors would have had evidence that there was nothing else to sell and the owners were not liquidising debt in order to sell the business, but seeking options that would stop the club from ceasing to exist. This struggle continued with the sale of the Goldstone and the cutting of cloth necessary with the fall to the bottom division.

Your administration was different; the club was freed of its debt and kept hold of valuable assets like its position in the second tier and players like Speroni who would have brought in transfer fees. It also felt free to offer contracts to the likes of Zaha whilst in administration. This was all done to make the club a more attractive investment opportunity. After the debt was removed, your new owners came in taking the assets, but not the responsibilities and, although they apparently did not have the money to invest if the club came with the debt, they subsequently found enough money to buy Selhurst back off Ron Noades.

Returning to my previous point, ignored by all of the Palace posters on here: Reaching agreement with creditors does not break any FL rules, going into administration does. Under FL Rules, one is cheating and gets punished by a (completely inadequate) points deduction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I could have this bit wrong, but I'm sure there was a select group of creditors, who had the extra special treat of still being owed their 2% from the first administration, when the club went pop again, and thus got a final settlement of 0.04 pence in the pound.

I don't remember anything specifically about that, but then nothing would surprise me when it comes to that thieving mob.

A fair old chunk of accumulated HMRC debt was written off across those two administrations, as Palace continued to pay their players wages, helping to artificially preserve their place in the upper echelons of the Football League, but crucially, not bothering with the PAYE tax side of things.

So that's you, me, everyone, who basically helped fund Palace's stay in the top 2 divisions as the club imploded under the weight of its unpaid debt. All written off. Its why HMRC now (quite rightly) pursue football clubs aggressively and issue winding up orders for any buildup of debt, so they don't get stung again by spivs like Palace.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Adebayor confirmed. Could be the perfect player to go in, put in zero effort, **** up the team's morale completely and keep them plummeting :salute:

Very much this.

When was the last time he played? He's going to be extremely unfit, and whether or not he's got the motivation to actually get match fit let alone playing well definitely remains to be seen.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't remember anything specifically about that, but then nothing would surprise me when it comes to that thieving mob.

A fair old chunk of accumulated HMRC debt was written off across those two administrations, as Palace continued to pay their players wages, helping to artificially preserve their place in the upper echelons of the Football League, but crucially, not bothering with the PAYE tax side of things.

So that's you, me, everyone, who basically helped fund Palace's stay in the top 2 divisions as the club imploded under the weight of its unpaid debt. All written off. Its why HMRC now (quite rightly) pursue football clubs aggressively and issue winding up orders for any buildup of debt, so they don't get stung again by spivs like Palace.

"Spivs" :lolol: :clap:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpeg

God gave him a sign , " sign for the super eagles , spread your wings and score loads of goals " .

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here