Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Of course it hasn't, but it doesn't actually add anything to, or detract from my point does it?

So what do you think about a club (not just Palace) that goes into administration owing millions that they can't pay, getting their debts wiped off and then spending money to strengthen their squads to the point of gaining promotion. There are many clubs who have had large sums of money spent on them by their owners and this will always be the case. The difference is they and us have not benefited by these unpaid debts. (at others expense)
My feeling is that clubs going into administration should be made to start again like your Aldershot, Maidstone and Chester City and have to climb their way back. Those clubs, who only get a 10 point deduction,in my view, should not be allowed to buy players until all their outstanding debts are paid. And that would include Brighton if we got into this situation.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What he's done, and continues to do, for this football club is amazing but you can bet that should the unthinkable happen and it all unravels, there will be a queue of fans from opposing clubs saying "told you so".
and that queue will be considerably longer than the queue of potential new investors willing to take on a business reporting annual and ongoing losses of around £10,000,000.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and that queue will be considerably longer than the queue of potential new investors willing to take on a business reporting annual and ongoing losses of around £10,000,000.

It would provide a lot more traffic on Nsc, which could only be a good thing.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I hope it comes to you, so that I can enjoy some of those postings.

Well it isn't wigman or furc as they are good guys , but there's a few who appear very rarely . I'm narrowing it down to one in particular .

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Seeing as you feel you have a talent for spotting this sort of thing, which banned user was the troll swillis on here posting as previously? I feel it might have been Glenn-Murray, would be interested in your opinion. ???

Oh I'm a troll, is that because I do not agree with everything that you lot say and have a different point of view.
As for being Glenn-Murray or whoever I can assure you that you are way wide of the mark.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
So what do you think about a club (not just Palace) that goes into administration owing millions that they can't pay, getting their debts wiped off and then spending money to strengthen their squads to the point of gaining promotion. There are many clubs who have had large sums of money spent on them by their owners and this will always be the case. The difference is they and us have not benefited by these unpaid debts. (at others expense)
My feeling is that clubs going into administration should be made to start again like your Aldershot, Maidstone and Chester City and have to climb their way back. Those clubs, who only get a 10 point deduction,in my view, should not be allowed to buy players until all their outstanding debts are paid. And that would include Brighton if we got into this situation.

Unfortunately for you, your feeling is worthless. It's not just football it is business in general.
At least Brighton have always paid every penny owed to creditors, you must be proud of that?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Unfortunately for you, your feeling is worthless. It's not just football it is business in general.
At least Brighton have always paid every penny owed to creditors, you must be proud of that?

Spot on, we even sold our ground to pay all our debts and had to start again from the bottom of the football league.
Much better than having a reputation for not paying Ambulance services.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Spot on, we even sold our ground to pay all our debts and had to start again from the bottom of the football league.
Much better than having a reputation for not paying Ambulance services.

You really do specialize in posting bollox don't you.

1. You didn't pay all your debts, You came to an arrangement with all the parties involved to pay a percentage.
2. St Johns ambulance was paid off, mostly by palace fans but with other fans chipped in too.

How is that 'Spanish flair' working out for you? :D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

1. You didn't pay all your debts, You came to an arrangement with all the parties involved to pay a percentage.
2. St Johns ambulance was paid off, mostly by palace fans but with other fans chipped in too.

Please provide a link or evidence for your liabellous and untrue allegation in point 1 about the albion arranging a pence in the pound ( percentage ) deal with creditors.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Credit to the Palace fans who paid the SJA their dues. Why did your owners not see fit to pay the SJA?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Just to clarify this as you're seemingly a little hard of thinking.

We settled our debts. There are various unconfirmed suggestions that some creditors agreed deals, for payment, but regardless - if these existed they were AGREED DEALS.

Please explain how being forced by a CVA to accept 2% of what you are owed (by an entity who you then get to witness, continue to flaunt a £10m asset on the field of play) is even remotely the same thing? Seriously, let's hear your justification*?

*beyond "Everyone does it, so ner ner ner"

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Please name the parties we came to an agreement with.
Yes with the help of other clubs supporters you collected and paid £15k to the St Johns Ambulance, but failed to pay the £21.660 owed to the London Ambulance Service (NHS).
I await the same detail about our creditors from yourself.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
When it comes to financial sharp-practice, and how their club has profited from it, Palace fans should quit defending the indefensible. They will not do so because they know that they would then forfeit the right to lord it over us.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Nobody is defending not paying debts, we are just defending that Brighton have always acted holier than thou. As for the libellous bit, I'm perfectly willing to be sued. But it will not happen as its true.
BHA came to an 'agreement' with creditors, these agreements are usually take it as the only other option is to go bust.
Now I know this will upset the superiority complex that most of you have but luckily for myself I couldn't give a monkeys as its true. BHA supporters, always superior, forever deluded.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ah, so the truth comes out ? ???

A business 'agreement', a deal, a negotiation, a discount maybe, perhaps a deferred payment until the ground was sold ?

But not a percentage deal with creditors, as the previous libellous allegation stated.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Please provide a link or evidence for your liabellous and untrue allegation in point 1 about the albion arranging a pence in the pound ( percentage ) deal with creditors.

There's no evidence as such because it didn't reach court . It happened just accept it and get off your moral high ground . No one said it was a penny in the pound just not the full amount .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's no evidence as such because it didn't reach court . It happened just accept it and get off your moral high ground .
So now you are repeating the libellous allegation ?

I thought we had got somewhere with this.

Please provide your evidence, or stop libelling the albion with scurrillous, unsubstantiated allegations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here