Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely another loanee on the way in?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least one loanee coming in before Saturday (possibly two if the Forster issue hasn't been resolved)

Ross272

Jun 12, 2008
Angmering
There has to be someone else on the way in.

You'd be mad to start loaning players out without knowing you could bring in replacements.

My worry would be if all decent players turn us down. If that happens we'll have to recall LD and that will make GP look very stupid. Or we re sign Jonny Dixon!!:laugh:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
There has to be someone else on the way in.

You'd be mad to start loaning players out without knowing you could bring in replacements.

My worry would be if all decent players turn us down. If that happens we'll have to recall LD and that will make GP look very stupid. Or we re sign Jonny Dixon!!:laugh:

Don't think we can recall Dickinson for at least 28 days anyway

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There seems to be a lot of blind faith in some secret master plan. If we are getting players in on loan then they should be here at least today as they need to train with the team! If they come later in the week that could reduce the impact they have on Saturday. My concern is whether there is something wrong with the finances or if Bloom has said you have to cut the wage bill and reduce the squad if you want backing to buy players in the summer. Dickinson was, I believe, signed on, for us, a large fee and presumably has a decent wage. The spat with Forster, which I think is totally unjustified, could lead to our highest earner going. Players out on loan left right and centre and they are players that, in respect of Tunnicliffe and Dickinson, could at least be on the bench.

I don't know what is happening but I fear everything in the garden isn't smelling of roses.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am sure that there will be someone coming in. But when Poyet said he wanted a smaller squad that must of been a clue that more people would go out than would come in!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There seems to be a lot of blind faith in some secret master plan. If we are getting players in on loan then they should be here at least today as they need to train with the team! If they come later in the week that could reduce the impact they have on Saturday. My concern is whether there is something wrong with the finances or if Bloom has said you have to cut the wage bill and reduce the squad if you want backing to buy players in the summer. Dickinson was, I believe, signed on, for us, a large fee and presumably has a decent wage. The spat with Forster, which I think is totally unjustified, could lead to our highest earner going. Players out on loan left right and centre and they are players that, in respect of Tunnicliffe and Dickinson, could at least be on the bench.

I don't know what is happening but I fear everything in the garden isn't smelling of roses.

Out of interest, what do you think about the Forster spat is totally unjustified? I take it you believe we should allow all our players to hold us to ransom and offer them new deals if they tell Sky Sports news that they have demanded a transfer.

Also, Poyet doesn't rate Dickinson. Bloom is not going to risk our survival to get rid of him for two months. I am sure there will be someone in on loan by the weekend.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I was pretty surprised to see Tunni go out on loan and then very surprised to see Liam go.Pleased to see efforts to balance the books tho'.I can only imagine that the club believe the Forster situation will be resolved soon and I would not be surprised to see a loan striker come in,although I would have been happy to keep Liam here.
Gus appears to be attempting to forge a team in his own image on the present shoestring budget and at the mo it doesn't look like he rates Tunni,Liam,Jimmy Mac or Cox.
Interesting times ahead,but the purist in me is sad that we may once again have to resort to a ' borrowed team' for the annual struggle to stay up.
More attractive football? ....maybe,but to be brutal, how much real progress against this time last year?
I hope Gus gets some real money in the summer to bring in quality players or else we won't have a cat in hells chance of reaching the 'championship' anytime soon.
I believe we will avoid relegation,but,personally, I still regret the fact that we didn't get Jim Gannon last season.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
Out of interest, what do you think about the Forster spat is totally unjustified? I take it you believe we should allow all our players to hold us to ransom and offer them new deals if they tell Sky Sports news that they have demanded a transfer.

Also, Poyet doesn't rate Dickinson. Bloom is not going to risk our survival to get rid of him for two months. I am sure there will be someone in on loan by the weekend.

there is no ranson being held with forster it was verbally agreed as there was no promise of a contract /which makes it even more obvious now there wasnt going to be one that forster could go out on loan agreed between club and player .when it was announced the club backtracked

nf has wrote a public apology to fans to the argus yesterday it was refused
fact

we need to play our best players

maybee were resigning chris mcphee or joe gatting

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was pretty surprised to see Tunni go out on loan and then very surprised to see Liam go.Pleased to see efforts to balance the books tho'.I can only imagine that the club believe the Forster situation will be resolved soon and I would not be surprised to see a loan striker come in,although I would have been happy to keep Liam here.
Gus appears to be attempting to forge a team in his own image on the present shoestring budget and at the mo it doesn't look like he rates Tunni,Liam,Jimmy Mac or Cox.
Interesting times ahead,but the purist in me is sad that we may once again have to resort to a ' borrowed team' for the annual struggle to stay up.
More attractive football? ....maybe,but to be brutal, how much real progress against this time last year?
I hope Gus gets some real money in the summer to bring in quality players or else we won't have a cat in hells chance of reaching the 'championship' anytime soon.
I believe we will avoid relegation,but,personally, I still regret the fact that we didn't get Jim Gannon last season.

Okay I'm not a committed Albion supporter and apart from the TV games, I've only seen them once this season - at Brentford.

But in that game the two players who impressed me most with skill and work-rate were Cox and Dickinson. They also looked the most likely to score. It's goals you want right now.

And for that comment about Dixon, why worry when you have Carole here for the third time? Has he got an "in" with someone on the board? Each time he goes you say, "well he didn't perform enough"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here