Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I supported this club through every type of condition and every standard we've been at whilst at tHe Withdean. I've travelled up to Carlisle and I've watched us lose at Gillingham. But yet I dont deserve to watch us play our last game at Withdean and I'll probably miss most of next season including the first game. Why? Not rich enough. Only just got the money to purchase both Hudderfield and Southampton tickets and already its sold out. So I'll be missing the 2 last games of the season and of Withdean regardless wether I've missed no more han 5/6 games over the last 12 years. As excited as I am about next season I'm also aware I probably wont see alot of the Albion anymore. We've my wages I'll never match the demands and upfont payments the club now require for matches as far as a month away.
Oh well, guess this is where some of the beauty ends for me. At least the rich can replace my support with well earned cash. Biggest joke is the guy across the rd from me has just got himself both a season ticket next season and a ticket for the 2 last games of the season. He supported West Ham last season!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry, do you want the club to let you in for free?

You're moaning that you cant buy a product because you don't have enough money for it and that somehow isn't fair?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apart from the rubbish idea of buying a batch of tickets for the final hurdle at Withdean, a £30/£40 a month payment for a season ticket at Amex is surely much more affordable than anything on offer before?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Apart from the rubbish idea of buying a batch of tickets for the final hurdle at Withdean, a £30/£40 a month payment for a season ticket at Amex is surely much more affordable than anything on offer before?

Especially if you have been paying £28 a game at Withdean!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How can you not afford an Amex season ticket on montly installements if you have afforded all but 5/6 games in the last 12 years? And can travel up to Carlisle?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't want to sound unsympathetic but I'm not really sure what you expect the club to do. Hold some tickets for the handful of people who can afford the time and money to travel to Carlisle but not to buy 3 home match tickets (where one or two could easily be sold on the ticket exchange anyway)?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Sorry that you feel this way, Falmer.

Keep an eye out on here in the ticket exchange section, there's bound to be plenty of tickets that become avaliable in the week leading up to the game!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the club should register as a charity and let everyone in free?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a load of sanctimonious piffle. Of COURSE the Soton/Hudds games are already sold out. If you hadn't noticed, the club is on the cusp of promotion and having one of the greatest seasons in its entire history, tickets are like gold dust these days. Its hardly news, and its not the clubs fault you have only just got the money together to buy tickets - what are they supposed to do, wait for you ?

As for next season, what are you blathering on about "demands and upfront payments ?" They've allowed fans the option to spread the cost over 12 months at no extra charge, as well as offering the season tickets in a very reasonable price bracket. So how is that catering for rich people ?

Go and have a little think.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Falmer. unless I'm really lucky, I cannot for the love or money get a ticket for the last game, and it was my own doing by not keeping my eye on the ball.

Just be patient, and someone may reluctantly have to drop out of the last game, and sell you their ticket.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Next season's ST's are about as affordable as you could expect and they do NOT require a massive upfront payment either. Getting pretty fed up of these I deserve a ticket threads that crop up seemingly every day at the moment. It seems like people expect the club to personally interview every applicant and decide on their worthiness to see the Albion play. SAKE!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Next season the club have done all they can to help fans - the direct debit option cheap tickets in various parts of the ground etc. What else could they have done? The final games at Withdean were always going to sell out early and the fact we have such a great season just meant they went even quicker. Not really the clubs fault you didn't have the money when others did

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I don't believe what i am reading here. Rich supporters only? Try living on my disability benefit with a wife and three kids to support, then you will know the meaning of poor. As Easy said, the club have bent over backwards to allow us to pay by monthly direct debit. Which is cheaper per month than 2 matches at the moment. As for you not being able to get to the last couple of matches, I am afraid that's just tough. If you didn't have the money, its hardly the clubs fault is it? Unbelievable.

i feel the same way about bands - I mean I supported Pink Floyd since I was 12 and Roger Waters wants HOW much for a ticket?
And now I have to get in the line on the day of sale or miss out?

I should bring my copy of Piper at Gates of Dawn and tear it up in front of the box office unless they reserve a front row seat at the £1.50 price when I first saw them :rant:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he has a point in a way. I am not sure I would have allowed Season Ticket holders to buy another 2 on top of their own allocation so "mates" can come along and experience the glory of the last game of the season and hopefully the promotion party when there are poeple who have supported the club through thick and thin and perhaps have fallen on hard times and cant afford 3 tickets in one bash!

BUT having said that whatever the sanctimonious comments from some people above suggest, the game and the way it is marketted and finianced has changed , not necessarily for the good, as mentioned by the aussie at the presentations " ....football these days is not about the day to day fan, its about the fans who pay up front, have their meals , buy their clubs clothing , make it a whole day experience, and help take the finances forward .." This was in reaction to my question about only having 900 svailable on the day. That said it all to me really.

I just hope that when we have our bad days again, these people like Falmer above are still around to buy tickets at the new stadium and haven't lost interest like so many before them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep you're quite right, after all:-

That beer won't drink itself.
Those fags won't smoke themselves.
That shop brought sarnie won't eat itself.
Those magazines won't read themselves.
That curry won't eat itself.
That fiver you like to keep on you, won't spend itself.

care to add anymore?

Falmer is one more outlay I/we could do without in this current climate, but we want it, so will make it happen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If I've read the other threads correctly, at the beginning of the season the club made public the 3 ticket thing for the last matches. Therefore, you've had nearly a whole season to save - not really rocket science is it ?

There was always going to be a lot of people disappointed in not being able to get into the last game at a ground that holds less than 8,000 home supporters. Particularly when we're expecting double that in season ticket holders for next season. Similarly, there will be a big demand for the non-season) tickets for the first game at Falmer. There will be tickets available at Falmer, at prices that you will be able to afford. But you have no right to a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here