Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters Trust ?

Dandyman

In London village.
As most peopel will know the idea of Supporters Trusts have taken off massively over the last couple of years, with Trusts now establish at a large number of clubs from York to Spurs and many points in between.

My question is whether or not people would support the idea of a Seagulls Supporters Trust ?

For what's it's worth I think the idea is essential if we wish to ensure a say in the long term future of the club. This is not intended as in any way a dig at Dick Knight, who I have the very greatest respect for, but rather an acknowledgement of the realities of life and mortality.

More information is available at:

www.supporters-direct.org

Any views ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Ernest said:
Blah, blah , blah, we trust Dick Knight blah, blah blah Dick Knight saved the club blah blah blah.

Irony is so 20th century, don't you think ?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Ernest said:
Blah, blah , blah, we trust Dick Knight blah, blah blah Dick Knight saved the club blah blah blah.

yawn.jpg

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Once we get Falmer it's an idea worth thinking about. The only problem comes when you get divisions between the supporters on the trust board. Then everything goes a bit Carlisle.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I personally believe that a lot more would have been donated to the A&K fund had a supporters trust fund been in place.

Just my opinion but I am sure there are others like me who would only donate under those circumstances.

Dandyman

In London village.
munster monch said:
I personally believe that a lot more would have been donated to the A&K fund had a supporters trust fund been in place.

Just my opinion but I am sure there are others like me who would only donate under those circumstances.

A very good point, which I have heard from a number of people.

There is a danger with campaigns like A&K of giving the impression that the club just want our money with no accountability about what happens to it. IMO a Supporters Trust would both encourage people to contribute and provide a way of monitoring what is done with those contributions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think this was looked at during the start of the Alive & Kicking appeal - don't think there was much interest.

Dandyman

In London village.
Just to give a flavour of how these things work, the attached is an example of model rules from our Medway chums...

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Sorry, would people please ignore the link in my last post. That's NOT what I wanted the link to go to.:dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You could have edited your other posts.

Can I step in here?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Once we get Falmer it's an idea worth thinking about. The only problem comes when you get divisions between the supporters on the trust board. Then everything goes a bit Carlisle.

Having been involved in the Stockport trust from the be2ginning can I say don't wait. GET IT GOING NOW.

We didn't wait and now we are the owners of OUR club. The supporters now own County and have the option to buy the ground outright in the next 10 years.

Get in there, get the wheels in motion, talk to Dave Boyle at SD and the others. Don't wait.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
dougdeep said:
You could have edited your other posts.

Bit of an IT dunce but the link should work now.

Dandyman

In London village.
readingstockport said:
Knowing the passion of you guys you have tremendous potential for a trust and should really get one going.

Go for it guys, I'll even join your one to help you out in a small way if you want.

Thanks for the comment - hope there are enough people who take notice.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
At the moment I'm more in need of a supporter's truss.

Dandyman, about 4 years ago a bunch of County fans - 20 or so- decided to get a trust up and running. For a long time the people involved at the coal face worked bloody hard, I live a long way away so couldn't really help too much. But their hard work paid off.

As I said we now own the club and no archole will ever be able to take it of us to build a sodding hypermarket.

If you would like I will drop you a line tomorrow with the names of some of our trust guys you can talk to. They are still busy, we only took over 3 weeks ago next Friday, but I'm sure they'll be mor than willing to talk to you and help out where they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here