Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters bar

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It seems you don't seem to be allowed to know about it! I still don't know if it will be open on non match days, and what times, people have asked before but it's very difficult to get an answer.

Bearing in mind it hasn't been officially 'launched', I don't know what could be said.

I saw Dick on Friday, and he was saying it would be open as a coffee bar (whether that means a proper bar I don't know - but I don't see why not) every day.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't it likely on a matchday the "staff only" corridor will be strictly for staff only ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bearing in mind it hasn't been officially 'launched', I don't know what could be said.

I saw Dick on Friday, and he was saying it would be open as a coffee bar (whether that means a proper bar I don't know - but I don't see why not) every day.

Extremely weird how all information about the mystery bar is either imparted by word of mouth or posted on NSC :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So then, just to recap:-

(a) It may be open during the week, but only worth going in if you fancy a coffee.

(b) On matchdays, we'll possibly be able to get in through the outside entrance without swiping our plastic wotsit.

(c) It'll probably be open to everybody (notwithstanding the limited capacity), but Northstanders wishing to access the concourse will be able to get in if they pretend they're a member of staff.

(d) You'll be able to get out (via the external entrance) to go to the automated turnstiles - but only if the 'Door Supervisers' have been told we're actually allowed to do so.

(e) Atilla won't be bringing his Pianna along for a sing-song unless it's equipped with very large wheels, chunky tyres & 4-wheel drive.

(f) Nobody seems to know if any of the above is correct or a load of old cobblers.

(g) Edit: Parking for those wanting to go in the club shop remains a complete mystery.

See, it ain't all that confusing after all. :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

(a) It may be open during the week, but only worth going in if you fancy a coffee.

(b) On matchdays, we'll possibly be able to get in through the outside entrance without swiping our plastic wotsit.

(c) It'll probably be open to everybody (notwithstanding the limited capacity), but Northstanders wishing to access the concourse will be able to get in if they pretend they're a member of staff.

(d) You'll be able to get out (via the external entrance) to go to the automated turnstiles - but only if the 'Door Supervisers' have been told we're actually allowed to do so.

(e) Atilla won't be bringing his Pianna along for a sing-song unless it's equipped with very large wheels, chunky tyres & 4-wheel drive.

(f) Nobody seems to know if any of the above is correct or a load of old cobblers.

(g) Edit: Parking for those wanting to go in the club shop remains a complete mystery.

Just received an official text from the Club. Text reads:

'YES. NO. MAYBE. I DON'T KNOW. CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION?'.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
So, is the supporters bar, outside the North Stand and is it really called 'Dicks Bar' or is that the name the fans have given it!! iether way I 100% commend it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So, is the supporters bar, outside the North Stand and is it really called 'Dicks Bar' or is that the name the fans have given it!! iether way I 100% commend it.

it's true , slightly cringey mind - by all means pay SOME respect to Mr Knight , but what's wrong with "Knights Bar"?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Oi! Don't you start confusing things now, ffs. :glare:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

But I still don't understand which sections of the merchandise will be visible through the legendary glass etchings? And will there be metal bars?!

Its all so confusing!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dick's Bar it is...
P1050844.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How did you manage to get them splendid Dick-pics Bozza? Have they cunningly disguised the outside of the bar to look like the inside; or did you employ one of your legendary Masonic moves to press them cryptic buttons??

Either way, I'm mighty impressed. :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How did you manage to get that splendid Dick-pic Bozza? Have they cunningly disguised the outside of the bar to look like the inside; or did you employ one of your legendary Masonic moves to press them cryptic buttons??

Either way, I'm mighty impressed. :wink:

I'd answer your question if I could understand it...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd answer your question if I could understand it...

I'm sure you would - although to be perfectly honest, I don't really understand what I was going on about either. :whistle:

Cheers for the pics tho'. The joint's certainly looking good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here